Memory loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Memory loss

I don't mean short term, I mean long term. Even words. Short term really bothers me (what did i open the fridge for, what did I buy to eat etc.)
    • So, I don't remember the name of the person I lost my virginity to. Or at what age.
    • I have a scar on my forehead from a few years ago. I only knew I never didn't know how I got it. It took me 4 hours of on and off thinking about it before I remembered.
    • I (used to) have a pretty good vocabulary, its really going. I like words. I even once had to refresh myself on the difference between affect/effect. Never lost they're/there/their thankfully

There is more but guess what. I forget. I just know theres more.
    Its just so hard to notice this stuff because you rarely think about it. I only notice there rare times something makes me remember and its gone. I usually forget I forgot (ha!) because of short term.

Is this an MS thing or am I losing it. Before dx I thought I was with short term.
    Sx start May '13 | Dx'd Dec '13 | Tysabri Feb '14 [Neuro's call&saved my life]
    Just because we don't feel flesh, doesn't mean we don't fear death

Chowda, sorry for hear this, I bet this can be unsettling to say the least. Is this new and sudden or gradual?
    I would mention this to your neuro who may order a Neuro-Psych evaluation. Have you ever had one?

And..it may not be permanent. Sounds like you are in a fog, been there. But when I eat more nutritiously, reducing foods/junk that leads to inflammation, seems my brain clears.

When I do those gentle detox, by eating only organic, drinking more water, juicing with plant based protein as proposed on Dr Oz show, I felt so much better! More clear headed AND less pain, less fatigue.

Exercise is another way to get the brain working more advantageously

So talk to your doctor, look carefully at your diet, EXERCISE actually improves and repairs areas of the brain and see if you don't see some improvement.

Let us know how you are doing and if we can support you more!

Warmly, Jan
    I believe in miracles~!
    2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
    Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

In the past year I managed to calculate 30 pay periods in a year but another time had only 8 months in a year. Hmmm. It is unnerving to say the least when it dawns on you. I just did my taxes and can only wonder what MS gems happened along the way.

Comment

Ok, I will try all of that and I have been eating healthier food. I'm happy to be in sort of a remission where I'm able to cook again. I love cooking.

This long term memory thing has been going on for months, I think before there was snow on the ground is when the scar on my head thing happened. There's quite a few other things... But I've forgotten ha! Its like all this long term memory stuff, I can't remember but I do know I never ever forgot until now.

I've never had a neuropsych eval. Obviously I'm not a doctor but how do they even test something that happens so sporadically and I guess rare in that sense.

I don't see my neuro again until September. She said she wants to wait for the Ty to kick in so she can properly address things. I've got so many lesions everywhere (paraphrasing her words) and yes I know its an 'if' but I feel a lot better and I'm 2 infusions in.

MS started in May '13 for me and although I was THE WORST in December, I've never really had a remission. I think I'm there. First time I felt better I saw my neurologist and got an EDSS 5.5 and she wanted me on Ty for the first med and now I am.

Everything is still here, just less. Seriously, EDSS 5.5 and that was the best I've felt in months!
        Sx start May '13 | Dx'd Dec '13 | Tysabri Feb '14 [Neuro's call&saved my life]
        Just because we don't feel flesh, doesn't mean we don't fear death

Comment

Working...
        X