In limbo and having cognitive issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In limbo and having cognitive issues?

I am a med student and one of the things that did not use to be hard was giving an oral presentation to my preceptor. There is a specific order we are supposed to follow and I am all over the place anymore. Or my other favorite problem has been I know what medical term I want to say and it's right there, but I can't get the exact word I am wanting. I have been trying to make sure I am getting plenty of sleep even to try and avoid making any mistakes.

Even in my day to day activities this morning I threw a spoon into the garbage, luckily I realized it about an hour later. I forgot how to spell the word twenty for about 10 minutes earlier. This and even somewhat pronouncing some words wrong or slurring words which I have never had a problem with is starting to annoy me. I use to remember something I saw once, let alone have these kind of issues. I don't know if this is even worth mentioning at my neuro appointment on Thursday or if I am just going crazy.

Journal of Symptoms

Sparkles, you just mentioned the other day you had a good neuro, so why are you wondering whether or not to share with the neuro anything that may be a symptom?

Write it all down! Everything, everyday. Neurologists are trained to decipher all this information and any of these symptoms may lead to answers for you! It certainly isn't fair to go to a doctor who you are looking to for answers and not give them all the tools to help them find the answers.

I'm sorry to hear life is so hard right now, but keep at it and you are not alone!

Comment

Working...
    X