No announcement yet.

Episodes of hysterical laughter, don't think its PBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this is coming back. I find really insignificant stuff really funny. The episodes aren't long and dont happen at everything. But it's not normal.

WHAAAT IIIS THIIIIIS?????
    Sx start May '13 | Dx'd Dec '13 | Tysabri Feb '14 [Neuro's call&saved my life]
    Just because we don't feel flesh, doesn't mean we don't fear death

Comment

The one I've heard of is called 'pseudo-bulbar affect'. I had it once, during the flare that got me diagnosed. You can google it. Basically I sat at lunch having a serious conversation with a colleague at work and started laughing out loud. No reason.

When later, , after mri's showed lesions, I saw this on the list of symptoms of ms and brain disease I took a deep breath and said to myself, I have this. What now. This was one of a couple things that made me confident I had ms, before my neuro saw it.

So, yeah. MS does this laughter thing. Sad. And funny.
      Sorry to hear it's happening for you.

Comment

I did look into PBA didn't think it was that because I required a trigger.

I asked my neuro and she said that it most likely isn't for the same reasons and since I have soooo many lesions there is probably one where emotions are controlled.

Maybe she didn't phrase it with 'sooooo many' but she did say she wanted to better assess me when a med kicked in. Ty is my first med and her decision. My brain is a cluster.
        Sx start May '13 | Dx'd Dec '13 | Tysabri Feb '14 [Neuro's call&saved my life]
        Just because we don't feel flesh, doesn't mean we don't fear death

Comment

Working...
        X