Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick to be cranky connected to fatigue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick to be cranky connected to fatigue?

I am curious if anyone else has noticed a shirt fuse when fatigued??? When I get the true MS hard to move fatigue I am a jerk...I am even tempered very laid back when not fatigued.
    First symptom 2000, dxed 2004

Rebif 04-06, Denial 06-07, Rebif 07--9, Copaxone 09-13, Tecfidera 13-?

I feel cranky and noticed I have a very 'short' fuse~~and take it out on my dog and before I am finished with my impatience and disgust I find myself hugging my little dog in sorrow. She deserves better~~So, do I.

It has been my mission to be better to both of us, I am doing better-too! Sometimes I am a bit 'short' with people that are not 'listening' or cooperating with a plan.

When I am not well, I want to complete my 'missions' I choose to do and fear failure. I tend to not loss vision of the goal. That has changed--unless, it is supplies to live with I am out to retrieve.

Other than that, I've gotten much better at stopping to smell the rose's. When the evening sky is so beautiful, as it has been lately~~I try to go out and take it in and how much bigger it is, than me.

Then I go ask my 85 yr old neighbor to come out and enjoy it (she has stage IV lung cancer) and we admire it together with all God's beauty surrounding us.

One evening we discovered a 'strange' looking star in the sky. I later learned it is the Planet Venus; IDK if that is a once in a lifetime ordeal, but it has been out for months.

I try to get out of 'my own head' and enjoy things more peacefully. When I am impatient I have started doing a personal inventory of my pulse, feeling extra heat or whatever I feel and tell myself to 'chill' I am only hurting myself and pushing those I care about away from me.

It takes an effort and i do snap at my 2 friends I see regularly and am apologetic. I'd like to control it completely, though.

My little dog managed to get a tiny walk with me this evening for the first time in 13 mos. I am so excited. Maybe focusing on taking care of the things I love most, help get me out of that mood.

IDK, but the little dog helps, plenty. And caffeinated coffee helps me push thru the fatigue, some days. Others here are successfully using medications to help the fatigue, too. fed

Comment

Yes, absolutely. All energy goes into making my point ... so I sound "short" and edgy even when I'm not meaning to be.

Comment

Hi Don2480,

Fatigue can cause people to be short tempered, tearful, and irritable.

These are normal reactions when someone is overly tired, even for those without MS.
        Diagnosed 1984
        “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

I get that way also, and I always regret it afterwards. I did find that when you feel fatigued, a little extra time when answering or just talking to people requires a little extra time before you answer. That probably was difficult to understand, but I hope it help you some.
          hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
          volunteer
          MS World
          hunterd@msworld.org
          PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Oh, yes. It's usually one of my first hint of MS fatigue.

Comment

I hate that fatigue causes me to be in seconds

Comment

In with anger, out with love...
                Right yeah, in my dreams. Literally.

I am the most outwardly calm person you could meet. Good Lord the whingey, mopey, woe is me stuff I endure from people with a bit of a sniffle. Oh dear, gosh yes, you poor thing.

People, in general, generally don't want to know when things are really bad. Snotty nose, useless boyfriend, crying baby, flat tyre, cool with that. Cancer, MS, ooooh, ahhh, oh look at that Unicorn over there!

It's the tears of a clown, when there's no-one around....don't let this sad expression give you the wrong impression....

Comment

For me, fear 'colors' my mood, anger and irritability, when I'm not even aware of it.

Even today I still don't describe myself as 'fearful', but my thoughtful self knows the fear is there.

Since MS, I'm no longer able to juggle everything, keep all the balls in the air and project the calm, self aware and thoughtful person I once was.

Comment

Working...
                  X