MAVENCLAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MAVENCLAD

Hi everyone. To say I am gutted is an understatement. My last MRI showed a cervical lesion. I just got off the phone with my neurologist. He wants me to one, start a round of steroids. And then, to start a DMT. So far I have been stable and not had any drugs at all other than baclofen very, very recently. This is my first cervical lesion. I am scared.

I recently had some problems with my leg working. This lead me to the neuro office which lead to an urgent MRI which lead to seeing the first cervical lesion. Neuro thinks the lesion and the leg are related.

Anyway, he suggests Mavenclad. I have done the normal Googling and have read up on it there, and in the pamphlet the doc emailed to me. I am looking for your input on this DMT. Thoughts, suggestions, advice, etc. I am not at all allopathic so this is a very big deal to me.

Furthermore, we are self-employed with no insurance. We live in Ontario, Canada and while health care is "free" drugs are not. Now I have to go down the rabbit hole of publicly funded drug plans. Paperwork, income proof, etc. It has to be done because there is no way we can afford the $32,000 (or more!) it would cost for the year. I read that each pill costs $3200 and I have no idea how many pills you have to take in one dose because it's based on weight.

I would appreciate ANY advice or thoughts. I am drifting into unknown waters.
    "Ring the bells that still can ring. Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in.
    ~Leonard Cohen

DX March, 2022. Ontario, Canada

I am so sorry that you are apparently in a flare, that MS is progressing, and the cost of medications are exorbitant.

Mavenclad is an excellent choice for many RRMS patients. Long-term benefits have been experienced for up to 15 years:
    https://multiplesclerosisnewstoday.c...ast-treatment/

Of course, all the benefits in the world don't matter if you can't afford the medication. Publicly funded drug plans appear to be your best option. Here in the States, the drug manufacturers also provide financial support programs to help minimize out of pocket costs. Do you know if these type programs are available in Canada?

Again, I'm very sorry that you are having to deal with this. It can be frightening and overwhelming, so give yourself a break. Try to relax as much as possible. Please keep us up updated.​

Comment

Working...
    X