Flu Like Symptoms with MS Hug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flu Like Symptoms with MS Hug

68 Y.O. WM DX'd 2003 RRMS Was on Betaseron for 6 years, then stopped due to injection site issues. Also have other Autoimmune issues: UC/Crohn's, Acne, RA, Eczema, Migraines, Granulomas, blah blah blah

Now to the question..... 2-4 times per year I get, what I think, is referred to as MS Hug. Usually lasts 2-3 hours and I just take Tylenol and lay day to sleep it off. It is ALWAYS accompanied with flu like symptoms --cold, like I have a 102* fever , cold --hands and feet are ice cold; just like you read about in hypothermia --shaking, like when you have a severe fever --joint pain--intense, like the worst flu that you have ever had.

Everywhere: including hands --"big muscle" pain--legs, back, arms --dizzy, weak, light headed --about 1/2 way through this "attack" I suddenly switch from freezing cold to drenched in sweat "too hot" --no GI involvement; its like my guts shut down and everything is [abnormally] fine --no Migraine --no respiratory involvement; throat, lungs and nose are clear --not a food allergy, not a drink allergy, not an "environmental's" allergy, not a drug allergy. BP checked, and its perfect

Heart rate-perfect Blood sugar checked, ditto Tylenol cuts the symptoms within 20 minutes but only lasts 2.5 hours SO, I tough it out for 1.5 hours and then take more Tylenol. Yesterday it came on at 4 p.m. and lasted 13 hours--the worst it has ever been. Stayed in bed 13 hours and feel like a wrung out wash rag--with muscle stiffness and headache, and pretty bad light sensitivity.

So, now to the question....does anyone else experience anything like this?

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **
Working...
X