MS Itch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS Itch

I know it's a temptation to throw whatever we're experiencing into the MS can, but nerves also like to be scratched too. Within the last year I have experienced the worst scalp itch. My primary doc gave me a script for a cream for it. Is there anyone else out there have this?

I have had the same problem for the past year. It is terrible and it seems nothing can be done about it.

Comment

I'm sorry Loopey, you nailed it. I've used another topical found at Freddies over the counter called Scalpicin (sp?) it gave temp. relief. The new topical script is Fluocinolone Acetonide. Starting out slow with it. I use 4 different shampoos, changing which one every shower. I hope you can find a way to curb the itching. Meditation maybe?

Comment

Add me to the mix. It gets bad sometimes. I tried Scalpicin it didn't work for me.

I hope the topical script gives you relief.
        God Bless Us All

Comment

T-Gel helps me sometimes. It's made for psoriasis, but I like it. I also have a coarse, plastic-bristled brush that I use on my hair. When it gets bad, I just brush my head.

Comment

I've also had horrific scalp itch for the past 2+ years. My neurologist offered an anti-anxiety medication that "might" help with the itch. The itching keeps me awake at night. I resist taking medication that I consider non-essential, but I'm starting to reconsider my decision not to take this medication!!

Comment

Somehow I missed this until now. I was experiencing constant scalp itching awhile back. I keep my hair clean, but not washing too much to cause scalp drying. My shampoo is a non-perfumed organic one with no harsh chemicals and I never use a dryer to dry my hair. But was still itching to drive me crazy!

I started reading about nutrients/supplements to help and read that people who are deficient in B vitamins, namely B12 and B6 have dry itchy scaIps. I had stopped taking them for some time (who knows why?) and started up again - religiously - and the itching went away after about a week! Been 3 weeks now. I read omega fatty acids also help (which I always take)

Just mentioning this in case it might help someone else.
              1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
              Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Thank you, Seasha! I started B12 and B6 today. I sure hope it works for me.

Comment

Originally posted by loopey View Post
                  Thank you, Seasha! I started B12 and B6 today. I sure hope it works for me.
                  I hope it works for you too, loopy! One thing I do is take them after a meal - otherwise I get an upset stomach.
                  1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                  Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
                  X