Announcement

Collapse

WELCOME TO OUR NEW HOME!

Hello MSWorld Members,

Welcome to our new home! We hope you love it as much as we do!

we promise.

to offer current and relevant information.

to grow a community built on positive and affirming support.

to showcase member creativity.

to provide safe chat rooms.

to provide well moderated forums.

we believe that what we give as a community comes back to us.

welcome to MSWorld on this journey through a different lens. together. we are msworld.
we are. community.

We appreciate your understanding as we finalize our new home. Our arcade is still currently under construction and won’t be available for a while. Thank you for your patience while we prepare a new and improved arcade for you.

enjoy our new home.

support reimagined.
See more
See less

Stopped sweating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stopped sweating

This has been going on for a few years now, I do not perspire. It has gotten to the point that I joke about being able to wear my shirts longer without washing. It does cause a few problems though. Just wearing a shirt while watching a show I can get very cold. I put on a jacket and I can quickly overheat. I solve this problem by keeping one arm out sometimes both out draped over my shoulders. On really hot days I have a cooling vest. I sleep on a Tempurpedic mattress using a Chilipad for temperature regulation. Does anyone else have this problem?
    Rich

Originally posted by richjh101 View Post
    This has been going on for a few years now, I do not perspire. It has gotten to the point that I joke about being able to wear my shirts longer without washing. It does cause a few problems though. Just wearing a shirt while watching a show I can get very cold. I put on a jacket and I can quickly overheat. I solve this problem by keeping one arm out sometimes both out draped over my shoulders. On really hot days I have a cooling vest. I sleep on a Tempurpedic mattress using a Chilipad for temperature regulation. Does anyone else have this problem?
    Rich
    Hi Rich ~

Yes, I don't sweat anymore either. I can overheat quickly and get cold quickly too.

I have read that this may be due to autonomic dysfunction from impaired nerves involving the thermoregulatory system.

I guess MS makes it difficult for our bodies to stay at a nice, comfy temperature for very long.

Take Care
    PPMS for 22 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Yes, I have this problem and have had this since I was a child and often was thought to have heat stroke. It can be a problem when we overheat and have no ability to cool down (via sweating) Another complication I have is Raynaud's which causes me to get over chilled. There is a small window in temps is which I feel comfortable.

I never know what triggers a hot or cold response! I really have to wear layers and add or subtract articles of clothing depending on either outdoor or indoors temps several times a day.

The condition we have is called Anhidrosis. This article from the Mayo clinic explains symptoms, causes, prevention, etc.
      https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20369400

Hope this helps!
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I quit perspiring a few years ago. I tend to feel cold most of the time yet my husband will tell me I feel quite warm
        Diagnosed 1984
        “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Me and ceiling fans don’t get along.They freeze me out

Comment

I never know what triggers a hot or cold response! I really have to wear layers and add or subtract articles of clothing depending on either outdoor or indoors temps several times a day.

The condition we have is called Anhidrosis. This article from the Mayo clinic explains symptoms, causes, prevention, etc.
            https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20369400

Hope this helps![/QUOTE]

Back about 20 years ago when I could still ride, I was riding my bike up a very steep hill and just fell over from the heat. Although I don’t ride anymore I use a hand cycle doing interval training 60 seconds as fast as I can and rest for 60. Getting the pounds off is really hard but not impossible.

Comment

Working...
            X