Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can progressive pattern turn around again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can progressive pattern turn around again?

Sometimes dealing with MS is just too much to cope with. I try to keep going, put it on the sidelines best I can and live my life. The last week has just been a lot. Results of my MRI shows moderate to severe arthritis with effusions/cysts in both hips (from steroids). So on to an orthopod for treatment recommendations. Yesterday went for urology studies and they were cancelled because I have another UTI ( second in two months and never had one before that). Back on antibiotics and more studies next week. Then yesterday afternoon was called to tell me that my sleep study shows I have sleep apnea now and have to use cpap mask. Being fitted Monday. My walking is getting progressively worse, stairs are scary.

It seems like all of a sudden things are getting worse at a fast pace. Steroids I had recently did nothing. so many different systems of my body are being affected.

Has this been anyone else's experience? Has it continued at this pace or slowed down again? Have symptoms lessened like when you have a relapse? I've had bad relapses and come back to almost baseline over time but this feels different from that, more a steady decline. It's scary.

Only good part is that I can now get reapproved for Modafinil since I have confirmed sleep apnea. My insurance has been denying appeals since the beginning of the new year. My fatigue is so much worse without it. Trying to see something positive in all this.

** Moderator's note - Spacing added between paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **
    Last edited by Mamabug; 02-20-2016, 11:00 AM.

Originally posted by AriD View Post
    Yesterday went for urology studies and they were cancelled because I have another UTI ( second in two months and never had one before that).

Originally posted by AriD View Post
    It seems like all of a sudden things are getting worse at a fast pace. Steroids I had recently did nothing. so many different systems of my body are being affected.

Has this been anyone else's experience? Has it continued at this pace or slowed down again? Have symptoms lessened like when you have a relapse?
    Hi AriD

When I have an infection (of any kind), I have a ferocious surge of symptoms (even some new ones that I had never had before).

Then when my infection clears up, my status has gone back to where I was before.

Maybe that is what is happening to you?

In any case, hope you improve soon.
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Thanks koko. It doesn't have that same feel of a relapse that I've experienced many times. It's more of a steady piling up of more and/or worsening symptoms. Nothing is slowing down whether I have an infection or not.

Comment

Hi AriD,

It is very possible that once your UTI resolves and you use a CPAP for awhile you will see improvement in your symptoms.

Other health problems can affect MS negatively, but not necessarily permanently.
        Diagnosed 1984
        “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Thanks snoopy. I hope so. hopefully cpap will help. I've read that it helps obstructive sleep apnea but may not help central sleep apnea which they think is what I have. Will find out more tomorrow.
          Not sure what comes first. I have UTI, sleep apnea, etc because my MS is getting worse or they are causing me to feel worse and my MS is stable. It feels more like the former unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
          X