Vertigo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vertigo

I woke up last week with severe Vertigo. I spin, not the room. Goes away if I hold still. Went to ER, was admitted, MRI showed no enhancements or tumor. Could this still be a relapse?
    I may have MS but MS does not have me!

I have severe episodes of vertigo, I am incapacitated and often throw up for hours. I am not sure if these episodes are related to MS. My mother had vertigo, brother has had a few episodes. I don't have any correlation between my MS and these episodes, I am thinking they may be related to a concussion, but who knows? Hope you find relief from your vertigo!

Comment

I have severe vertigo with most of my relapses. Sometimes I have MRI changes sometimes not but my neuro still says relapse. I have lesions in the pontine region which is supposedly the cause of my central vertigo. Most times I have other symptoms as well like leg weakness or loss of trunk support.
      My vertigo is always the room spinning and severe vomiting and nystagmus. Day to day I do have very brief feelings that my body is spinning or weird dizziness in my head that's hard to describe. Like I'm going to fall over.
      Is yours over now or continuing? Did you talk to your doctor about your symptoms?

Comment

This is the first time I have had vertigo. I have had some balance issues and dizziness in the past but nothing like this. I saw my neuro today and she was very angry that the hospital did not contact her until I was already gone and that they did not start iv salumedrol (sp). She did she a tiny enhancement on the MRI so I was going to start this morning but my heart rate was too high (103) so she gave me some ativan and I will go back this afternoon and the next two days. Something that could have been done in the hospital and I would have been done by now. Oh well.

Thanks for letting me know I am not alone with this. I pray you find peace and well being.

Comment

Okay this is going to sound nuts but it works for me. If I turn my head s-l-o-w-l-y from side to side (just right to left once) the vertigo goes away. I have no idea if my vertigo comes from MS or not but this works for me!

Comment

Gave your trick a try, no relief yet. Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

BPPV or benign paroxysmal positional vertigo can be relieved by head maneuvers. It's of peripheral origin arising from issues in your ear.

Central vertigo can be related to a lesion in the pontine region of your midbrain. With most of my relapses I have had an abrupt onset of severe vertigo as well as other symptoms. The vertigo is the worst. Valium, meclizine, and steroids usually get things under control. Between relapses I'm left with mild vertiginous feelings for brief periods off and on during the day.

Hope yours improves with the steroids.

Comment

Working...
              X