Husband diagnosed with MS - Michigan VA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Husband diagnosed with MS - Michigan VA

Hello there My husband was recently diagnosed with MS. We currently reside in Michigan and he has been receiving "care" at the John D. Dingell VA Medical Center in Detroit. I feel as though the doctor he has been seeing really isn't all that proactive. The doc put him on Copaxone and sent him on his way. I was wondering if anyone has had success with Neurology Department at Ann Arbor VA Center? I've done some research and it seems like Dr. Segal is the guy to go to?? Please help :/

They kinda do that. You think they're going to take care of you, but it's pretty standard, and in any case, until something bad happens, there's nothing he can do.

By all means, find a more compassionate doctor, but in the meantime, read, read read and educate yourself. Also, go to the pharma sponsored dinners. Teva (copaxone) puts on the best. You'll meet lots of other people.

Most importantly, get his vitamin D level tested and supplement. It's likely the most important thing you can do.

Comment

I have and like Dr Segal at the AAVA. He is one of my best VA docs, but like BigA said, "They kinda do that".

Michigan ranks at the very bottom of all 50 states for VA care. Actually we rank below not only ALL 49 other states but also below all US territories as well....

I am also on Copaxone & it seems to be helping me stabilize. I chose Copax over the others due to risks and side effects. Being a needle diabetic for many decades, its just one more daily stick into my human pin-cushion anywho.

Gomer Sir Falls-a-lot

Comment

Working...
      X