DBQ for MS? Nexus letter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DBQ for MS? Nexus letter?

Have any of you filled out a DBQ in attempt to get VA disability benefits?

Have any of you had a nexus letter written to support a service-connected disability for MS?

I'm thinking its better not to handle this on your own.

I'd sit down with a legit VA Service Officer and ask them to handle it. Make sure they understand what you want (for that matter, make sure YOU know what you want).

Bring your DD214 discharge papers and proof of ALL your income. This is a time when its much better to be painfully honest. If you lose your credibilty, you're fried with the VA.

"Buddy letters" and Dr. letters count. Letters written within the VA count a LOT more.

Service connection for MS means that you can document to the VA that you were experiencing MS-related symtoms within 7 years after you got out of active service.

Comment

VA and Ebenefits

I went through the E benefits site and did my claim for disability. I live and work in Belgium. The VA sent my case to the U.K. Who scheduled all my doctor visits in Germany. Long story short, received my 80% rating 4 months ago and received back benefits to the time I started the process. The docs in Germany are fantastic, they know what to say on the DBQ to get the veteran everything possible, they will not lie at all, but they know the system weep enough to not give the VA any chance of denying a claim.

Only suggestion, make sure you have ALL the paperwork they ask for, I didn't provide my children's birth certificate, so they re not paying me with child rates, new claim in progress.

Hope everything works out for you

Greg
      Gregory S. Wilcox
      Regular Guy with MS

Comment

Working...
      X