Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tsyabri and Depression

Good Morning
    I have been experiencing some severe depression. I did a TMS treatment and it has helped incredibly well however 7 to 10 days before my Tsyabri infusion I become so severely depressed I am suicidal! I have used a ton of antidepressants and still had this issue. The depression only gets this bad now before my infusion! Thank God for the TMS as that has been a lifesaver but still only gives me 3 depression free weeks a month! Better than before but would love to have it ALL go away! I have been on Tsyabri for years and am JCV negative and have been stable since my 3rd infusion. I would love to hear if anyone else has this issue. Thanks so much!

I am glad Tysabri had helped, but really sorry to hear your battle with depression. I hacent experienced it as a side effect prior to infusion, but do notice it in other ways.

Have you called biogen to discuss with one of their nurses? I do hope your neuro is aware as well. Do you see a psychiatrist? Maybe possible you need an adjustment in meds. Only other thing I can think of is if you do other activities that help depression, like exercise, mindfulness, yoga, getting sunlight, etc..?

I pray you get some relief. Hopefully you are aware there are resources to help.

Anyone contemplating suicide, even if only for an instant, or anytime in the future, should call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255 Professionals that can help are available 24/7. PLEASE call! It's free and 100% confidential
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Thank you for responding. Yes, Neuro is aware though I hadn't thought to call Biogen but will this week! Thanks again! 🤗

Comment

They may have other instances. Even if not, they should be made aware. Hoping one if their nurses has some insight for you. Please keep posting and let us know how you are doing!
        Kathy
        DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
        X