Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rash with Tysabri....... Anyone?

Hello everyone,

I have been on Tysabri for 3 years now. After the first 4 or 5 months, I started noticing small spots on my lower back and butt area. They got so bad that I went to a dermatologist. Now they have spread all over my lower back and butt area and I just started noticing them on my face and some on my legs.

Has anyone experienced this since being on Tysabri?
    Sx's 5/1996 Dx'd 9/2011
    RRMS- Betaseron, Copaxone, Tecfidera, Aubagio
    Hope is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune without words, and never stops at all

Welcome Alliesmommy.

Sorry to hear you are dealing with this. I have not experienced this side effect. I did read that a small percentage of people do experience a rash. Have you asked your neuro about it? Is it an itchy rash, or just visible only? Curious what your dermatologist said about it. Hope you get some answers.
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Symptoms of a mild allergic reaction can include:

skin rash

itchiness

flushing (warmth and redness in your skin)

Skin rash

While you take Tysabri, it’s possible that you may have a rash on your skin. In one study, 12% of people who took Tysabri for MS developed a skin rash. This was compared to 9% of people who took a placebo (no treatment).

In another study, 6% of people who took Tysabri for Crohn’s disease developed a skin rash. This was compared to 4% of people who took a placebo.

If you’re taking Tysabri and develop a skin rash that doesn’t go away after a couple of days or gets worse, tell your doctor. They can recommend how to treat it.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/art...7#side-effects

However, any rash that is widespread can be a sign of a severe reaction. Have you contacted your neuro?

Best of luck
      Last edited by KoKo; 02-08-2021, 05:55 AM. Reason: poster request
      Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Working...
      X