On #34, last few, nauseus, why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On #34, last few, nauseus, why?

I have been on Ty for awhile and am JCV negative. I have had recent blood work and all OK. After the last 3 infusions, I was nauseous for a few days.

Has this happened to anyone? Any ideas? It never bothered me before and no other meds changed. It is so strange. Frustrating, as I sit here with my warm ginger ale and saltines.

Thanks
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Kathy

I have not had nausea, except for infusion numer one...and that was because I was so scared.

Ask them about giving you Benedryl prior...that should help. Additionally slow down the infusion a tad. More fluid after can help too...you might be a bit dehydrated from the Summer Heat.

Zofran...the dissolvable ones can help as well.

Have you started any pain meds within the last 90 days?
    Katie
    "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
    "My MS is a Journey for One."
    Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Originally posted by pennstater View Post
      I have been on Ty for awhile and am JCV negative. I have had recent blood work and all OK. After the last 3 infusions, I was nauseous for a few days.

Has this happened to anyone? Any ideas? It never bothered me before and no other meds changed. It is so strange. Frustrating, as I sit here with my warm ginger ale and saltines.

Thanks
      I haven't experienced this but do you eat/drink well before and after Ty? It's strange that it stays for a few days though...

Comment

Thanks Katie and Dexter.

I drink lots of water and am hydrated (have to keep the veins popped up). I have not started any new meds, nor any changes to diet. I do think it is odd as well that it lasts a few days.

I guess I will have to talk to them about it. Maybe slowing it down from 1 hr to a longer drip might help. If that doesn't work, I guess I will try the Benadryl. Then again, all siblings have GERD - Maybe I am getting it too and the Ty infusion makes me sensitive to it. Guess time will tell.
        Kathy
        DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
        X