Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will tysabri's effect be reduced if the vial is shaken?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will tysabri's effect be reduced if the vial is shaken?

I am on tysabri for the past 8 months.I have a few querries regarding this medication.
    1.will the effect of tysabri be reduced if the vial is shaken during transport?
    2. Im told by the biogen people that tysabri can be kept at 30 degrees Celsius (room temp ) for 7 days and its effectiveness is not altered. is this true?
    3. im told that the vial carrying tysabri can e shaken but not should not be shaken in the saline solution? i would like to know the mechanism behind it.

In the United States nobody mixes their own Tysabri and I haven't heard of that happening regularly anywhere else, either. I don't know how many regular patients your going to find who know the kind of technical information your asking for.

So I think if you have technical questions about Tysabri its best to get answers directly from Biogen. Pharmacists get their information from Biogen so I don't know of anybody who would have special information that could over rule what Biogen told you.

Since I took chemistry in college I'm going to guess that Tysabri shouldn't be shaken in the bag because if air bubbles and foam form in the bag it won't drip properly. Some of the medicine might get left in the bag in the foam so you wouldn't get the full amount of Tysabri. But that's just my best guess. You'll have to ask Biogen why the bag isn't supposed to be shaken.

Why are you concerned about the effectiveness of your Tysabri?

Comment

Working...
    X