Tysabri covered by Medicare?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tysabri covered by Medicare?

Did I read that tysabri is covered by Medicare? 80% and if you have a good supplemental policy, they cover the other 20% thanks - info appreciated

My medicare and supplement ins. pays for my TY.
    God Bless Us All

Comment

Same here. I'm a copay assistance program. Take care Dale
      Dale in NC, dx'ed 2000, now SPMS

Comment

Ahhh...this is the reason that I joined this board today!

I am in the process of deciding to start Tysabri or start checking into programs that will help with the cost of Tecfidera. I also am on Medicare, but chose the Aetna Medicare advantage plan and they are covering Tysabri under the part B portion of Medicare and all I will have to pay is my $20 co-pay for the visit to the infusion center, they will cover Tysabri at 100%. Decisions, decisions.

Comment

Just adding my 2 cents I have been covered 80% by Medicare and 20% by my secondary for over 6 1/2 years
          Linda

Comment

tysabri user

I've been taking Tysabri now for almost a year and don't know if its helping or not. I normaly sit for about a hour while the meds are infused then I get up and leave. The only thing I seam to notice is I don't sleep as well as for feeling I haven't noticed any differences. Heat is the most I notice in the mornings when it's cool I move better than in the afternoons when it get hot, I live in Florida what would one expect.

Comment

Working...
            X