thinking I have to on Tysabri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thinking I have to on Tysabri

Hi, I just had my second steroid infusion this morning and it really made me feel bad. I had a monster balo concetric lesion last spring now this year three more new regular lesions so I have to do something if this does not work. My Dr. wants me to go on tysabri but I must admit I am very afraid of it.
    My first question is there any one who knows how much the test for the JC virus costs? I am on disability but no medicare til next may. I have not been able to tolerate any of the other main treatments. Pros and Cons from people who have or are on tysabri would be very welcome.
    Thanks, Tortis

The Dr. Co. will pay for it. They did for me.

Sara

Comment

if you get the requisition for the JC virus test from your neuro, and have it drawn at Quest Diagnostics labs, it's paid for by Biogen Idec, the manufacturer of Tysabri. It doesn't cost you anything at all. And no paperwork involved except turning in the requisition at the lab from the doc.

Good luck. I'm on tysabri and it's been good for me.

Comment

Hi, Thanks for the quick replys

Hi, I am really surprised my nuero did not tell me that it was free but I will call her Mon. morning, also would still really appreciate more pros and cons on your feelings and experiences with it. Thanks again
        Tortis

Comment

Hi tortis, I just responded to deex3 how I feel about Tysabri. If you choose, please read what I wrote there.
          Good luck to you
          Linda

Comment

Working...
          X