Symptoms prior to next infusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Symptoms prior to next infusion

I was wondering how everyone feels a couple of days before their next infusion? I have #6 coming up in about 4 days and I have been struggling with numbness, fatigue, a little spasticity (I think) and some pain. I have had the fatigue before but not the other symptoms prior to an infusion. Flare, heat, getting sick, normal? I really can't tell.

Thanks for your thoughts.

One more thing

And let's not forget the headaches and dizziness that I have been waking up with every day!

Comment

The week before my infusion my symtoms generally get worse and it seems to me that the summer heat compounds the weakness, tiredness, and numbness.. In the winter, the week before my infusion I don't seem to have as many problems. I am at 28 -29 infusions.

Comment

My Experience with Ty

I had my 7th infusion on June 23rd. In my experience the week before my infusion for the first couple of months was a struggle until I was put on 50 mg of Nuvigil. I believe the fatigue is what made my symptoms reappear in that week. Once I was put on Nuvigil the week before the infusion has gotten much better each month. I have read that about the 6-9 month mark is when your body adjusts and you handle the week before better, in my case this has been true. I am fortunate that I can manage my schedule at work to lessen the load so to speak in that last week to make it easier for me. I hope this helps--hang in there, it will get better.

Comment

I forgot to add....

Make sure you are drinking enough water in that last week. I never believed it until I saw the difference. I drink normal weeks 36 fl ounces daily, the week before I go up to 48 fl ounces. Everyone is different in the amount, but I have portable cups that make it easy for me to know what I am drinking and go from 2 cups daily to 3 daily the week of. It also helps my infusion go in easier. Best of luck to you

Comment

Thanks

Hey Jim and Multiple Strength,

Thanks for your feedback. I will try drinking more water to see if that helps. I just tried working out, which doesn't help the fatigue but helps the aching. if the fatigue gets too bad I may have to look into the Nuvigil.

Thanks for your suggestions and insight.

Comment

Because I feel no different before my infusion, I moved them to every 5 weeks a few months ago.

Comment

I've also wondered if I have more symptoms a few days prior to the infusion. Usually, I don't notice at all, but I had a recent flareup a few months ago and perhaps that has something to do with it.

Typically, during times of non-flare-ups, I don't notice any difference at all in how I feel relative to when the next infusion is. I've had more than 70 infusions.

This is probably just one of those things that varies from person to person depending on how many infusions, your disease course, etc.
                Started Tysabri October 2006

Comment

Working...
                X