Ty and altered sense of time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ty and altered sense of time

I just finished my 10th infusion. Very happy with the treatment. It's just a relaxing day at the hospital once a month and have had no flares since I started. In fact, I think I am improving. I can tandem walk now and touch my nose.

What I'm writing about is mixing up am and pm the day after my infusion. I fall asleep for about 4 hours and wake up feeling like I've slept over 12 hours. I have my windows covered to keep the heat out so, if I don't get up to look out the window, I can't tell if the sun is out.

Last month, I woke up at 8:30 am thinking it was 8:30 pm on Saturday. It didn't even occur to me to check my cell phone. I didn't realize my mistake for 24 hours. Needless to say, it was scary. I told my ex-husband and now he thinks I'm going crazy.

I swore I'd never let it happen again. I just had my Ty Friday and fell asleep last night around 11pm. Woke up at 3:30 called my landlord because there isn't any hot water. She said, "DO YOU REALIZE WHAT TIME IT IS? IT'S 4:00 IN THE MORNING!" I was so embarrassed. This was serious mistake.

I'm normally nocturnal because I can't go outside when the sun is out, but I've always known what time it is.

It seems like my sleep is altered after the infusion. I have so many dreams in 4 hours that it feels like 16 hours.

Could this be the Tysabri?
Working...
X