Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tec and SEVERE stomach pain

Hello,

I've been on Tec for almost 2 years and have had some of the usual side effects, flushing, and mild stomach issues here and there. Well, today I had KILLER stomach pain about 2 hours after taking it ( I also took vit C) about that time the stomach pain started....the pain is/was about 8 out of 10. I call the pharmacy and they said it should be the Tec but I've also had really bad random flushing... Any thoughts?? The pain is acceptable at this point ...I'm ok enough to type this message.......before I was incapacitated. Even though the pharmacists said it wasn't the Tec, I just have to figure it is ??? I was fine when I woke up.

some corrections to above -- I call the pharmacy and they said it shouldn't be the Tec -- also I just vomited 2 x.

Comment

Well, I just wanted to post an update on the severe stomach pain I was having a couple of months ago. There were posted replies from a few people that are no longer showing?? Maybe a glitch.........anyway..... the SEVERE stomach pain was NOT the Tecfidera OR a stomach bug....I ended up in the ER with gallstone pancreatitis.

I ended up having semi-emergency surgery to have my gallbladder removed. I have mostly recovered since then and back on Tec.

Comment

Sorry to hear that you had such an ordeal. On the plus side, great that you can continue on your MS Rx of choice. Glad that you are mostly recovered too. Continued good wishes.
        Kathy
        DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

I know you were awfully sick but it's wonderful it wasn't the Tec and you can stay on it.
          God Bless Us All

Comment

Working...
          X