Tecfidera and alcohol?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tecfidera and alcohol?

I am going out to dinner tonight and I usually like to have a couple of drinks probably a couple of beers. I would be taking my pill with dinner. Has anyone else had some drinks and dinner along with her pill and are there any problems?

As far as I have been able to tell, Tecfidera has no consequences with drinking besides lowering the alcohol tolerance. On Avonex, I could drink maybe 4 to 6 beers and still be okay walking. Now it's more like 3 or 4.

I just had a blood test with a doc (not a neuro, a GP) and my liver works fine. I think I could raise my tolerance some with it, but I'm not that worried about being a lightweight anymore.

Food should help, but stand up frequently to keep track of your intoxication level... your mileage may vary.

Comment

Tecfidera

This is one area I have DEFINITELY noticed a difference in my tolerance. I've never been a big drinker, but could hold quite a bit when I decided to, without many problems. Rarely felt tipsy, almost never felt hung-over. After Tecifidera, I notice a distinct difference, although it has taken me some time to decide it is the medication. Now, ONE drink, that's it. More than that, and I'm definitely tipsy. Two drinks, and I'm likely to feel poorly the next day. I have never been a light-weight, but now I definitely am.
      ~ Marie
      Initial symptoms - March 2014
      Diagnosis - June 2014

Comment

Working...
      X