Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marco, I have a question

Hello Marco,

When you stop taking Tec. did you stop cold turkey? I called my dr. office Tuesday but have not heard back so I called again today but I have to leave messages. He didn't tell me to stop or stay on it until I started something new and after I heard the word progression I didn't think to ask him. My refill is due and I didn't won't to pay $300.00 if it's not working.

How are you doing on Rituximab?

I also left a message about getting on this but he may want to wait for my jcv index result to maybe put me back on Ty.

Thank you Marco.
    God Bless Us All

Originally posted by REG53 View Post
    Hello Marco,

When you stop taking Tec. did you stop cold turkey? I called my dr. office Tuesday but have not heard back so I called again today but I have to leave messages. He didn't tell me to stop or stay on it until I started something new and after I heard the word progression I didn't think to ask him. My refill is due and I didn't won't to pay $300.00 if it's not working.

How are you doing on Rituximab?

I also left a message about getting on this but he may want to wait for my jcv index result to maybe put me back on Ty.

Thank you Marco.
    I stopped cold turkey each time. When I got shingles I was told to immediately stop taking Tecfidera. Same when terminating it the other two times --- no taper, immediately stop.

Rituximab seems to be helping more in some areas than others. First off, it's over 110 heat index here so I feel like garbage, but my cog fog has definitely lessened. I received less benefit physically, but mentally there is definitely more signs of life. That's really great because I had no noticeable symptom relief from other DMTs. It was odd not taking a shot or pill at first, but now I am use to living life without a daily/weekly MS chore to do.

I did my annual MRIs and there was no new lesion activity. No relapses, but still some disability progression. I'm actually looking forward to my next infusion in September. I guess that's a pretty good endorsement for Rituximab.

Comment

Happy for you Marco I almost switched to Retuximab, instead went to every 56 days on Ty

REG53, good luck with whichever you choose! As always, I wish you my best-you, too, Marco
      Linda

Comment

Marco- I can't image 110 degrees, I hope you get some relief soon and began to feel better. I'm glad you are feeling better mentally.

I never heard back from my neuro office which is not like them at all.

Linda- Thank you so much.
        God Bless Us All

Comment

Yes, it gets hot in the summer, but in January I will be wearing shorts!

We have a rough 100 days or so, but that's the high price of fame and fortune since all of us live such glamorous lives.

I hope things get sorted out for you!

Comment

Working...
          X