Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you have to quit Tec, what are your options then?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you have to quit Tec, what are your options then?

Hi
    my lymphocytes are not looking good at 0.6 and I am starting to get ill a lot with viral infections.

This happened me before on Rebif and eventually I had to stop it.

I was on Copaxone for over 13 years but had extensive lipoatrophy and I felt it wasn't really working in the last few years.

If you come of Tec, what can you go on to then, given the lympocyte problem?

Hi Guzzy,

I'm sorry. Maybe you could try Tysabri? I went on it after my counts crashed on Gilenya and had life threatening infections. I had to wait until they rose again, but I've been on it for 3 years and haven't had any problems with my wbc counts.

Best of luck
    Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Thanks Kimba
      I hadn't even considered Tysabri.

I'm just hoping so much that the counts will rise but I have a gut feeling they won't...mine are naturally low anyway. My super-healthy Mum has very low lymphcytes too.

I'll hang in there until the next set of bloods and see what Mr. Neuro says then.

Thanks x

Comment

Im in the Same Situation

Hi, My Lymphocytes have been 0.5 for 2 successive bloods over 3 months. More worryingly, my total WBC started pre tec at 6.4, was 3.7 at blood test 1 six months into Tec, and 2.6 9 months into Tec. As a total WBC of 2.5 or less is considered dangerously low, if they dont rise by my next one in January I will be taken off Tec. Like you, inteferon made my WBC bomb and Copaxone did the same. On my third infusion of Tysabri I got a massive allergic reaction so was tols I can never take that again. So if my bloods dont improve, what will i do? Gilenya will just go the same, as its clear the my WBC cant cope with a frequent immune modifying drug. I probably need a monoclonal antibody drug but Campath is only for newly dx in UK and Im 24 yrs in. So looks like i will have to wait til Ocrelizumab is licensed in 2017. I so wish that I wasnt one of the "Allergic" patients as they call us. You have my empathy xxx

Comment

Hi Mrs Chip
          I'm sorry you sound like you're in the same boat as me.

I had a look at my WCC and it's so similar to yours; it started at 6.7 and has now fallen to 3.5, which is not dangerously low, but I am wondering what the next set of results will bring. I'm not feeling very well to be honest, worn out and tired.

I'm 17 years in and I don't know what else the neuro will suggest but like you I think most of the remaining options in Ireland will decimate my WCC too.

If I'm taken off everything I'll take ALA/Acetyl-L-Carnitine, Pycnogenol and Vitamin D religiously, just in case. I know I have the 'bad' gene that predisposes to more rapid and severe progression, so I would be terrified to be off everything.

Comment

Working...
          X