1/2 dose Tec?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1/2 dose Tec?

Has anyone's doctor ever ok'd taking only 1/2 daily dose of Tec? Meaning only one 240 mg capsule a day as opposed to the full dose (480 mg)? I've been on Tec almost 2 years with no flares but I'm again wondering if it's causing me to be fatigued.

Seems to be worse for hours after I take the pill. I just feel like I'm always "driving with the brakes on" if you know what I mean. Doesn't matter the amount and quality of sleep, quality of diet, etc. I eat healthy (always have) and get good sleep on a regular basis. I'm just not able to fight against the tired feeling. Like I said, I've not had a flare for over 2 years and just had an MRI showing no activity so I don't think it's "just MS" fatigue. I really feel like it's the meds.

So has anyone tried cutting the dose in 1/2 per doctor's orders or on their own accord?

When skipping doses some people have an increase in side effects. They tested Tecfidera two and three times/day, but settled on two times/day. In your situation, I would probably request the 120 mg starter dose and take that twice/day instead of a single 240 mg dose.

Comment

Thanks Marco! Great suggestion.

I think maybe it should be dosage determined by body weight?? I don't know. I only weigh 130 lbs and am 5'7" and sensitive to medications. I'll contact my neuro.

I saw your post of having to quit after two years. That sucks. Hopefully you found another med that's working for you.

Comment

Working...
      X