I've stopped.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've stopped.

I haven't been able to tolerate the tecfidera. I've done so many trials of Things to help with the s/e!!! I don't have the normal s/e.. After I take my tec (still only on 1 dose of 240mg/day) I'm so tired I can't function! But what really got me was my disorientation and coordination! It's terrible.. I work in a nursing home any have patients to care for but when I take the tec it's frustrating to function, myself. It's kind of to the point where it's probably not safe for me to drive the rest of the day after my dose. Plus I almost feel schizophrenic on it!! I think I see things that aren't there and I can't focus on any task!! I hate it! Dr says this isn't normal and to stop the tec. Wants to do ekg and brain MRI if I continue to get those symptoms while off tec (which I doubt I'll get the symptoms/side effects after stopping the tec).. Idk guys! Just needed to rant... Also time to find a new DR. She didn't call me back for 2 1/2 weeks after I called multiple times.

Xoxoxo thanks for listening
    DX:1/6/12 "Bad becomes better when worse happens."

I'm done too. After 5 months, I was so tired and absolutely no energy. Really was no life at all. Insurance mixup made me run out and after 3 days felt much better. MRI showed no changes in a year, so now I'm on no DMD's. Now I just struggle with weakness, mobility issues and gait problems, but at least I feel like doing some things again. Tec is not going to be for everyone since we are all different. Hang in there! Becky

Comment

Originally posted by winstonzoe View Post
      I'm done too. After 5 months, I was so tired and absolutely no energy. Really was no life at all.
      Youre 100% right. You said it perfectly. Im glad youre feeling better! Im going to try another DMD shortly but there arent many options left. Strength to you, Becky!
      DX:1/6/12 "Bad becomes better when worse happens."

Comment

To every medication there are responders and non-responders. Every medication has about a 1/3 drop out rate for a variety of reasons. I hope you will continue to try another DMT that will work for you better.

Comment

Working...
        X