Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are Tecfidera side-effects?

Without hope there's nothing.

They very for everyone. I do not have side effects/ 40% have flushing that may or may not lessen with time. Others have GI issues....There are others but these are most common.
    First symptom 2000, dxed 2004

Rebif 04-06, Denial 06-07, Rebif 07--9, Copaxone 09-13, Tecfidera 13-?

Comment

Originally posted by Don2480 View Post
      They very for everyone. I do not have side effects/ 40% have flushing that may or may not lessen with time. Others have GI issues....There are others but these are most common.
      The sides don't sound too bad.

Comment

I was really freaked out about the side-effects before starting. I'm only on day 3, so I can't say much, but they've been really tolerable, so far (knock on wood).

When I was on Copaxone I had the IPIR, and the flushing I've had with Tec is nothing even close to that bad. Like others have said, it just feels like you've got a sunburn and goes away after an our or so.

The one that really worried me was the GI involvement. I work full time, and didn't see how I could excuse myself from meetings any time the med struck but (again, knock on wood) so far so good.
        Brent
        Optic Neuritis - 7/31/06
        MS Dx - 9/13/06
        After a med break, started Tecfidera - 2/1/2014

Comment

Hello ms man,

I've been on tec for 6 mos. I had a mild stomach ache and some bloating at the beginning. So far I am happy with tec.
          God Bless Us All

Comment

Originally posted by REG53 View Post
            Hello ms man,

I've been on tec for 6 mos. I had a mild stomach ache and some bloating at the beginning. So far I am happy with tec.
            Sounds good.Do you reccomend Tec?

Comment

Working...
            X