Reactions with Caffeine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reactions with Caffeine

So this could have nothing to do with Tec, but I thought I would ask just to see if anybody else has noticed anything. I had to pick up my little brother from his high school Saturday night at 1:30. They were in Kentucky for a national FFA convention all week, so naturally we didn't want his truck at the school the whole time. I made the unwise decision of driving home from my dad's house after that. It's a 45 minute drive through empty, country backroads so I grabbed an Extra Strength 5-Hour Energy. About 10 minutes into the drive, I started having hallucinations of things "crawling" out of the pavement in front of me. When I got back to city lights and traffic, I was fine. Hallucinations are one of the side effects of a caffeine overdose, but I've never had any trouble before. I'm 21 and have used energy drinks and liquid caffeine to make my own for the past 4-5 years. I've never experience any kind of reaction. This was my first time taking in caffeine since starting my medication, however. And in a stronger and much more concentrated form than your average cup of coffee.

IDK - what you took has the equivalency of the amount of caffeine in a 12 oz cup of coffee. My guess is that many people far exceed that dosage on a regular basis.

It's probably more likely that you were overly tired, which will also cause very odd things to happen to your mind and eyes, even without MS.

Comment

Working...
    X