Tec delayed side effects?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tec delayed side effects?

I started taking Tec in June. At that time on occasion I'd turn red, like a sunburn but no change in feeling. That effect subsided and all was well with the med. I have recently started having the effect of turning red again about 1 mo ago but now I get hot, like a hot flash and sometimes I feel burning too. Then this morning after my shower my skin burned so bad it was like my whole nerve system was on fire, plus a bonus of an intense itching of my skin literally from head to toe. This is now better, it lasted about an hour, but it's subsided. Thankfully this week my normal check with my ms doc so of course I'll let him know. If it happens like that again, I'm stopping the med because this is weird and at the point of being painful. Now it's time to decide whether the benefit outweighs the negative side effects.

Has anyone else had such strong DELAYED side effects 5 mos after treatment began?? If so, any advice can help.
    Possible MS 1993, RRMS, Dx 2007, SPMS 2013. Avonex - Oct '07 - Jul '12, Gilenya - Sept '12 to May '13, Tecfidera - June '13 to present. You see things as they are and you ask why..I dream of things that never were and I ask 'Why Not?!'

My experience mimics yours. I started on May 9 and the flushing has just returned in force. I have also had slightly negative labs for kidney function, so I am seriously wondering about staying on this.

Comment

I haven't been taking it long enough for input on your specific question, but I did have side effects similar to what you described on my first dose. It scared the crap out of me and made me worried about taking even one more pill. I'm not sure exactly how bad you were, but if it was anything like me, I feel bad for you having to experience it. I almost blacked out from the pain and nerves. Not sure what would have happened if I'd been in the shower at the time. Now I just get side effects that are more delayed after taking my meds than I expected. Usually almost 4 hours exactly. That's what I thought you had just off the title. Wish I could be of actual help, but I hope you are able to stick it out and get through them.

Comment

Working...
      X