skin peeling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

skin peeling

Im not sure if it is related but the skin on my fingertips has been peeling off for the last week. Ive been on Tecfidera for 4 months. Has anyone else had anything like this? It doesnt matter how much lotion I use they always dryout. Then more of the skin peels off. I am going to see my primary next week and hopefully we can come up with a plan of action. I have done two WBC counts in the last 2 months 3.4 & 3.1.

Well, I thought it was just me! I did have some peeling on my fingertips the first month of taking Tec. Not on all fingers, just a couple. I just kept lathering on the lotion and healing creams and it eventually went away.

It hasn't come back. Maybe it has something to do with the dip in the WBC? Which then I would assume it then reverse once the WBC goes back up to normal range?
    dxd RRMS 7/2011 - Rebif 8/2011 - Tecfidera 7/2013

Comment

Originally posted by pballer76 View Post
      Im not sure if it is related but the skin on my fingertips has been peeling off for the last week. Ive been on Tecfidera for 4 months.
      Peeling skin can be a side effect of medications. This might turn out to be yet another possible side effect of Tecfidera. Let your neuro know so, hopefully, he/she documents it. You can also report it to Biogen.

(If this becomes serious, it needs to be reported to the FDA. I reported a serious reaction to Rebif. http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/H.../ucm053087.htm)

Good idea to see your pcp and have this addressed before it becomes a more serious issue. Hopefully, this is a short-lived side effect that responds well to a rx cream or ointment.

Good Luck!
      Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

dyshidrotic eczema

I saw my PCP a week ago he gave me a steroid ointment and a cream. Diagnosis dyshidrotic eczema. He called my Neuro and he is stopping tecfidera and carbamezepine. I have blood work in two weeks.

I have been using both of the prescriptions and there has not been any real change in my skin. I called PCP and now he is giving me a different steroid ointment to use for 10 days.

Hopefully I get this skin problem resolved, I am tired of the palms of my hands and soles of my feet feeling greasy.

But my real stress is not being on any DMD. If Tecfidera is going to cause this; I don't want to continue.

So that brings up my real question. How long will I have to wash out Tecfidera before starting something else?

Even though I am JCV+ and I am willing to give Tysabri another try. I was on Tysabri for 72 infusions and did not have any of these skin problems. I only had 1 flare, I got into a hot bathtub for too long. My MRI's were always no change from the last one.

Comment

Is skin peeling safe solution to go for, I would rather go for organic skin care products as they are far safe.

Comment

I thought Tecfedera started out as a skin medication for eczema? So I automatically thought it would be good for the skin..... I'll have to watch for the skin peeling!

I did go to my skin doctor yesterday and she said my face looked great that whatever I'm doing to keep it up. I'm not doing anything (I had eczema all over my face).... I thought she'd recommend some type of cream... but somehow the problem rectified itself.

Hmmm

Comment

Skin Peeling

After 2 weeks of steroid ointments my primary referred me to a dermatologist. Now I have a steroid creme in the morning and a steroid ointment at night. They took a skin biopsy to determine if its psoriasis or eczema.
              I thought Tec was used for psoriasis in Germany?
              Well its been 4 weeks with no Tec or carbamazepine.
              I have had one flare while Im not on Tec. I am one week with no steroids. Next week I have blood work then Neuro is going to figure out what DMT to use.

Comment

Psoriasis

Well two weeks ago the Dermatologist took a skin biopsy. Turns out I now have psoriasis. Wasnt Fumaderm used as a psoriasis treatment in Germany?
                My neuro hasnt put me on another DMT yet. Im really not sure what to do?

Comment

Working...
                X