Still waiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still waiting

Ive submitted the required paperwork, but still haven't received a call from Biogen or neuro. Neuro office said it would be 2 weeks to get meds. I guess Im just anxious to start.

Has anybody received meds yet and if so; how long did you wait? Did you receive a call first?

My paperwork was submitted last Monday (4/1) and I am still waiting too. I called my neuro's office yesterday and his secretary said since it is such a new medication it takes longer for the insurance company to approve it.
    Hoping to get a call soon.

Comment

Waiting also.

Saw my neuro. on the 5th of April, submitted the form and I'm still waiting also. My Dr. said I can stop taking my Rebif also. Not sure if that is a good idea.

I may call the pharmacy that fills my M.S. meds. Friday if I don't her from them by tomorrow.
      I left in love, in laughter, and in truth, and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

Bill Hicks

Comment

It is not uncommon to wait 3-4 weeks for an EXISTING drug to be approved and delivered (rebif, copaxone, etc). It shouldn't be a surprise that a new medication would take at least as long.

You can call your insurance company and find out where they are in the process.

Comment

I had my 6 month MS neuro appointment yesterday, and after reviewing everything we're going to try Tecfidera and see how I tolerate it/how it goes.

I got some blood taken to check everything. We're going to re-test/check in in early July to see how things are doing.

The office faxed in my insurance info and approvals. So now begins the waiting game. My MD surmised it would be end-of-April before I have the meds in-hand.
          RRMS 2011, Copaxone 2011-2013, Tecfidera 2013-current

Comment

i just talked to my neuro today about wanting to switch from betaseron to tecfidera. he acted like it wasn't even available yet. i think he said he's supposed to attend some meeting about it soon and that the reps usually make them well aware when the new meds come out.

he kind of talked like we needed to wait and see if i would be a good candidate for it. i told him that i stopped the betaseron a few months ago and a ton of symptoms that i'd been having (that various drs told me probably wasn't the meds) have gone away. so, betaseron obviously wasn't working that well for me.

anyway, what i'm wondering, is the medication not going to be available for a while, is he just unaware?

i get irritated with the idea that 'oh, you're doing fine on betaseron so why switch?'. from what i've been reading, tecfidera has better results than the injections and they're also finding out that the injections may not even be as good as their results showed years ago. so, why should people not be allowed to take the medication that has the best results? (nevermind that it's easier to transport, administer, and with fewer side effects.) had to rant, sorry.

Comment

Agree Amber

I was on Rebif then Copaxone & when I hear TEVA distributor of Copaxone was blocking BG-12/Tecfidera from coming out I switched back to Rebif and I hate Rebif. The additional stiffness, sweats, depression and flu-like symptoms were getting to be too much.

Tecfidera is a wake-up call for the M.S. R&D field. I hoe everyone leaves their current med for Tecfidera. This would create suck a demand for new innovative ways to treat this complex disease. You should go on Tecfidera! Let big pharma know we demand better and we deserve more.

I really think e as a collective need to come together. Connect jut like the MS Society is saying. If we do we can demand more by letting the medical industry know we stand together and we move together.
              I left in love, in laughter, and in truth, and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

Bill Hicks

Comment

I got a call yesterday from my pharmacy just letting me know that the current hold up is my insurance company, big surprise there! They just wanted to contace me and let me know the status. They also said it shouldn't take too much longer.

Comment

Yep, insurance company is the holdup. I stopped taking my Copax cuz I didn't want to have to pay for another 30 days when my co-pay is 165.

Funny thing is I've been feeling extremely well. No fatigue, spasms or headaches. Hummm, makes me wonder if meds are causing symptoms.

Gosh this stupid MS is so confusing.

Comment

Originally posted by LilStep View Post
                    Funny thing is I've been feeling extremely well. No fatigue, spasms or headaches. Hummm, makes me wonder if meds are causing symptoms.
                    A lot of people feel better when they stop taking a DMD. I sure did.

Comment

Just got a call from pharmacy. Tecfidera has been approved and I will have my starter pack on Tuesday.
                      Fingers crossed this med works and the side effects aren't too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by dcancellarich View Post
                        Just got a call from pharmacy. Tecfidera has been approved and I will have my starter pack on Tuesday.
                        Fingers crossed this med works and the side effects aren't too bad.
                        PLEASE keep us posted

Comment

I absolutely will. My first dose will be Wed. The nurse said if taken with food it should help with the flushing and stomach side effects. We shall see.

Comment

Anyone call Biogen???

LOL!
                            Mailbox FULL.

My insurance Co. didn't get anything from Biogen. My pharmacy that fills my M.S. Meds hasn't received anything.

Dcancel so you start your titration on Wednesday the 17th?

I feel like my neurologists are trying to suck my insurance dry before I get tecfidera.

Bill Hicks

Comment

Not sure what you mean by titration. I am starting the starter pack, which starts as a lower dose that will be increased by the end of the first month. The pill is taken twice a day, starting with 120 mg. twice a day and then becoming 240mg. twice a day.

Comment

Working...
                              X