On board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On board

Well I will be starting Tecfidera hopefully within the next 2 weeks. I have to admit, I am a little nervous about starting a drug that is so new to MS patients. However, with all the good things I've read; it is a little less frightening.

My only concern is the side effects of flushing and nausea. I am currently going through menopause so I am flushing all day long. I'm just wondering how the med flushing is going to coincide with the menopause flushing. Will I have double the flushing or is that even possible? Now as for the nausea, I was wondering if anyone has read if it is feasible to take some kind of nausea med before taking Tecfidera so there is less of a chance of even getting the nausea, vomiting or diarrhea. Also, does anyone know if these side effects cause weight loss?

Just a few concerns, but nothing that will stop me from starting the treatment. Anxious to read more threads on patients who have started the treatment and their experiences.

If your concerned that the flushing from menopause will collide with any flushing from Tecfidera have you considered going on hormone replacement therapy for a short time to preempt the flushing and hot flashes so you know that any flushing that happens is from Tecfidera?

Comment

ALL ABOARD!!!

HEARD IT IS MINIMAL AND THEY WILL HAVE NURSES, PHONE HELP AND HOTLINE SET UP JUST LIKE REBIF. I'M SURE THE WHEELS WILL BE SHAKEY AT FIRST BUT I'M SURE THEY WILL BE MONITORING US.

I MEET WITH MY NEURO FRIDAY FOR THE PRESCRIPTION
      I left in love, in laughter, and in truth, and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

Bill Hicks

Comment

I'm there with you LilStep. I will be starting within the next two weeks also and I am a little nervous but I was more nervous when starting Avonex and Copaxone.
        I'm not sure about the flushing w the menopause and Tecfidera, did you ask your neuro?
        I did ask my neuro if there is something I can take in case of the neusea and he told me to just let him know if I do experience it, but there weren't too many that experienced that so there is the chance I won't.
        Good luck!

Comment

What is "flushing" ? Is it true that BG-12 is here and ready to go??? I had an email alert that said it was approved and ready for use.

Comment

Yes BG-12 is here

Originally posted by moolk View Post
            What is "flushing" ? Is it true that BG-12 is here and ready to go??? I had an email alert that said it was approved and ready for use.
            I meet with neuro Friday so prescriptions are being filled.
            I left in love, in laughter, and in truth, and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

Bill Hicks

Comment

My neuro emailed forms to be signed and fax back. The forms indicated I would be getting a phone call soon from Biogen. What sort of questions do they ask? Do they accept Medicare?

Comment

My prescription for Tecfidera was faxed yesterday, so I will be starting soon too. What is great is we will receive the drug at no cost until it is approved by our insurance. I was very surprised about that news!

Comment

at most $10 a month

I filled out the form today and visited their website and saw most co-pays at most $10.00 a month

Check out Tecfidera website.

Bill Hicks

Comment

Originally posted by eschroeder View Post
                    My prescription for Tecfidera was faxed yesterday, so I will be starting soon too. What is great is we will receive the drug at no cost until it is approved by our insurance. I was very surprised about that news!
                    Glad to hear we can receive the drug at no cost until approved by insurance.

I may get the go ahead next month and was figuring it would take a while to get approved, etc.

Comment

Working...
                    X