Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• durgastiger
    replied
    Biogen representative on NPR this morning.

Biogen maker of Tecfidera was on NPR this morning. Tune in they usually replay their broadcasts throughout the day.

Meanwhile their stocks are pushing the $200.00 mark.

Leave a comment:

• MSer102
    replied
    Originally posted by durgastiger View Post
    I USE ALL CAPS FOR OUR BROTHERS & SISTERS WHO HAVE VISUAL DIFFICULTIES.
    Thank you for wanting to be courteous but all caps is harder to read because all of the letters are big blocks that start to look alike. A lot of people with visual difficulties don't even read posts that are all caps because its just too hard. That means some people have been skipping your posts because they're too hard to read. Plus the part about all caps looking like shouting.

If you'd like to help people with visual difficulties just use regular upper and lower case and don't use fancy type or colors. People with visual difficulties very often already use some way to make the type bigger and easier to read so you don't even need to make it bigger. Just regular type gets you message across best.

Leave a comment:

• Alicious
    replied
    I have visual difficulties and it's hard for me to read. Some people have more difficulties than I do, however.

Leave a comment:

• durgastiger
    replied
    OOPS SORRY

Leave a comment:

• Alicious
    replied
    I WILL LET THE ALMIGHTY MS WORLD OVER-SEERS DO WITH MY POSTS AS THEY WISH.

REMEMBER...IT CAN'T RAIN ALL THE TIME.

I'M ALSO TRYING TO START A DISCUSSION ON BG-12/TECFIDERA REGARDING CLAIMS FROM PRODUCERS OF A NATURAL REMEDY AND A BIOLOGICAL MANUFACTURER OF A SIMILAR TREATMENT.
    Would it be possible for you to not use all caps? It's hard to read, and comes across like yelling.

Leave a comment:

• durgastiger
    replied
    FELT IT WAS APPROPRIATE TO PLACE HERE

I WILL LET THE ALMIGHTY MS WORLD OVER-SEERS DO WITH MY POSTS AS THEY WISH.

REMEMBER...IT CAN'T RAIN ALL THE TIME.

I'M ALSO TRYING TO START A DISCUSSION ON BG-12/TECFIDERA REGARDING CLAIMS FROM PRODUCERS OF A NATURAL REMEDY AND A BIOLOGICAL MANUFACTURER OF A SIMILAR TREATMENT.

Leave a comment:

• Prayers for rain
    replied
    JUST CHATTER I HAVE BEEN HEARING ON FACEBOOK. PRODUCERS OF PROBIOTICS, HERBAL REMEDIES AND PROTANDIM ARE SUING STATING THAT BIOGEN IS SELLING BG-12/TECFIDERA AS A PRESCRIPTION DRUG WHEN IT IS ALL BASED ON CURRENTLY USED KEFIR, PROBIOTIC, PROTANDIM HERBAL NATURAL REMEDIES.

JUST WHAT I AM HEARING. I WILL TAKE TECFIDERA ALONG WITH ALL THESE REMEDIES I AM ALREADY TAKING.
    Posting hearsay is not helpful or realivant. If I were you I would look at what Protandim is composed of and compare with what BG-12/Tecfidera is. As far as Protandim, It's benefits for MS have been well documented and available elswhere <curcumin> for much cheaper. This needs to be/and already has been discussed in the supliments forum, not here.

Leave a comment:

• durgastiger
    replied
    MULTI-FILING CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT

Originally posted by Prayers for rain View Post
    I'm not sure why you would think a multi-level marketing company and a pharmaceutical company would be entering litigation over two entirely different products.
    JUST CHATTER I HAVE BEEN HEARING ON FACEBOOK. PRODUCERS OF PROBIOTICS, HERBAL REMEDIES AND PROTANDIM ARE SUING STATING THAT BIOGEN IS SELLING BG-12/TECFIDERA AS A PRESCRIPTION DRUG WHEN IT IS ALL BASED ON CURRENTLY USED KEFIR, PROBIOTIC, PROTANDIM HERBAL NATURAL REMEDIES.

JUST WHAT I AM HEARING. I WILL TAKE TECFIDERA ALONG WITH ALL THESE REMEDIES I AM ALREADY TAKING.

Leave a comment:

• Prayers for rain
    replied
    I GUESS MY BIGGEST QUESTION IS?

IS THERE A LEGAL BATTLE BETWEEN BIOGEN AND MAKERS OF PROTANDIM?

THERE SEEMS TO BE A LOT OF CHATTER AMONGST USERS OF PROBIOTICS, PROTANDIM AND OTHER HOMEOPATHIC ALTERNATIVES.

I HAVE BEEN DOING THE GAPS DIET FOR AWHILE, WITH HIGH KEFIR, FRUIT AND VEGGIE AND INCREASED MOVEMENT.

IS THERE TRUTH TO THE BREAK DOWN IN ENZYME PRODUCTION AND HEALTHY BACTERIA IN THE INTESTINAL TRACT AND STOMACH?

IT WORTH SEEING AN UPPER GI DOCTOR FOR.
    I'm not sure why you would think a multy level marketing company and a pharmaceutical company would be entering litigation over two entirely different products.

Leave a comment:

• ColdInCO
    replied
    Renal Issues?

I told my Neuro i would go on BG-12 but am concerned about renal issues.

Does anyone know much about this? (other than what is in the PDF)

I have mild kidney disease so it does concern me. However so do the other MS meds... I suspect my kidney disease came from either Betaseron or Copaxone, just a hunch since they can't find other reasons for it.

Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• durgastiger
    replied
    TECFIDERA OR PROTANDIM

I GUESS MY BIGGEST QUESTION IS?

IS THERE A LEGAL BATTLE BETWEEN BIOGEN AND MAKERS OF PROTANDIM?

THERE SEEMS TO BE A LOT OF CHATTER AMONGST USERS OF PROBIOTICS, PROTANDIM AND OTHER HOMEOPATHIC ALTERNATIVES.

I HAVE BEEN DOING THE GAPS DIET FOR AWHILE, WITH HIGH KEFIR, FRUIT AND VEGGIE AND INCREASED MOVEMENT.

IS THERE TRUTH TO THE BREAK DOWN IN ENZYME PRODUCTION AND HEALTHY BACTERIA IN THE INTESTINAL TRACT AND STOMACH?

IT WORTH SEEING AN UPPER GI DOCTOR FOR.

Leave a comment:

• rdmc
    replied
    Originally posted by Marco View Post
    Please remember that Biogen was concurrently dosing 2 and 3 times/day. Some of the 3 doses/day statistics were better, but someone eventually settled on twice/day. This probably had to do with patients not complying with 3/dose/day scripts.

As for the EDSS scores. I believe the study you are citing was 12 weeks. Over that period of time there probably isn't much change in EDSS scores for any subset of patients without a flare. The 2 year study is where a significant difference was realized and that makes sense to me.

One of the research neurologists I met with said the BG-12 study participants had a better EDSS starting score than the Aubagio patients (meaning they had less disability to begin with). She believed that over time the BG12 numbers might dip and Aubagio numbers might rise.
    I was most interested in the difference between disability reports...and the PDF that jessiesmom posted seems to be the prescribing info for doctors ( her dad is a doctor and provided her the link...that is the document that says there was no slowing of disability.). the link is posted early in this thread.

Leave a comment:

• alanpgh
    replied
    Marco, thanks for the clarification!

Makes sense.

Alan

Leave a comment:

• Marco
    replied
    Originally posted by rdmc View Post
    Maybe somebody will answer this question for me. In the pdf that is the prescribing info, it clearly states that there was no difference in disability..
    Please remember that Biogen was concurrently dosing 2 and 3 times/day. Some of the 3 doses/day statistics were better, but someone eventually settled on twice/day. This probably had to do with patients not complying with 3/dose/day scripts.

As for the EDSS scores. I believe the study you are citing was 12 weeks. Over that period of time there probably isn't much change in EDSS scores for any subset of patients without a flare. The 2 year study is where a significant difference was realized and that makes sense to me.

One of the research neurologists I met with said the BG-12 study participants had a better EDSS starting score than the Aubagio patients (meaning they had less disability to begin with). She believed that over time the BG12 numbers might dip and Aubagio numbers might rise.

Leave a comment:

• allHailye2
    replied
    rdmc - I noticed the same thing! It confused me because everywhere else says that it Does slow disability! The biogen website even says it slows it. So ?!?!

Alan - please let us know

Leave a comment:

Working...
X