Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insurance no longer taking copay assistance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insurance no longer taking copay assistance?

Has anyone else with United Health Care been told by their specialty pharmacy that they no longer accept manufacturer discount programs, including MS Lifelines Access Made Simple, as of 1/1/14?

I had to call for a refill today and they wanted $160! I am sure glad my fiance had money to pay it, but am not sure of what to do for the months after. Where do I turn? After this first month, my copay is going to be $60 and I can't pay that.
    Diagnosed with RRMS on 3/15/2013...beware the ides of March!
    Rebif from 5/2013 - 09/2014.
    Gilenya since 11/2014.
    Also taking vitamin D3, fish oil, magnesium, and B12.
    EDSS 3.

Did they give a reason

as to why they will no longer accept them?

Comment

Their reasoning was that manufacturer discounts and coupons don't save as much money as people think they do. My guess is that they want all the money they are losing on
      Rebif patients.
      Gilenya since 11/2014.
      EDSS 3.

Comment

Why not contact

MSLifeLines and ask how much they were/are contributing towards the cost of your drug?

Comment

MS Lifelines will still pay your copay. You just have to pay the copay, then submit the receipt to them manually and they will reimburse you for it. It is just UHC's way of trying to discourage you from wanting to use higher cost meds. They want to make it as difficult as possible so we switch voluntarily. When we refuse to switch, as I did, they will deny your next renewal from your doctor as they have done to me to try to force me onto a cheaper drug. I fully plan to sue them for damages if I have a flare while I am off Rebif fighting them over this.
          First Symptom: Hearing Loss in Left Ear June 2004 - Diagnosed 11/6/06 - Started Copaxone 20 mg 11/30/06 - Switched to Rebif 1/22/10

Comment

That's pretty terrible. You'd think MSers have enough on their plates without being jacked around by insurance! This is a mess. I hope you get your situation figured out soon, and thanks for the tip about submitting my receipts!
            Gilenya since 11/2014.
            EDSS 3.

Comment

I went through that with United Healthcare and when I blew a fit, they told me to contact Chronic disease group which they actually did for me.

They now pay my co pay. Good luck. There is always help on here.

Comment

I went thru that and The Chronic Disease Fund took care of what MSLines didn't and I pay 0. That's for one year and if i'm still on the drug I'll have to go through the same thing as I did this year. I've only been on it 2 months.

Hope this helps.

My best,
                Susie

Diagnosed 6-28-14
                RRMS
                Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

Working...
                X