Announcement

Collapse

WELCOME TO OUR NEW HOME!

Hello MSWorld Members,

Welcome to our new home! We hope you love it as much as we do!

we promise.

to offer current and relevant information.

to grow a community built on positive and affirming support.

to showcase member creativity.

to provide safe chat rooms.

to provide well moderated forums.

we believe that what we give as a community comes back to us.

welcome to MSWorld on this journey through a different lens. together. we are msworld.
we are. community.

We appreciate your understanding as we finalize our new home. Our arcade is still currently under construction and won’t be available for a while. Thank you for your patience while we prepare a new and improved arcade for you.

enjoy our new home.

support reimagined.
See more
See less

Getting Ready to start Plegridy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting Ready to start Plegridy

I will be starting Plegridy soon so I am just looking for suggestions on what others do to pre-medicate and everything to avoid the side effects.
    I have 3 young children so I would like to minimize the side effects as much as possible.
    I was previously on Tecfidera but couldn't handle the stomach issues that came along with it.

My routine so far

Hi - Plegridy is my first DMD and I have only taken 2 injections so far. My first full dose is in a week.

A couple of things I do that really helped the 2nd injection go better than the 1st:

1. Hydrate a ton. I drink 80oz of water the day of and the next 48 hours following the injection.

2. Stay on an NSAID regimen. I start 2 Aleve at 10am, inject at 5pm then take another 2 Aleve at 9pm and go to bed. I stick with the 2-Aleve dose the next day (every 12 hours) and then switch to Ibuprofin for the next 24 hours.

3. I do notice an increase in my Sx and nerve pain, so I also took a Gabapentin on the first night. I slept like a rock all night long and didn't feel like I needed any more than that.

4. Take it easy. I have 2 grade schoolers at home, and we pretty much chilled at home other than activities and church. I think that makes a big difference in the recovery time.

Good luck to you! I hope it goes well - let us know. I expect this regimen will be less needed over time, but for now, it worked pretty well!

Cheryl
    Cranial VIth Nerve Palsy (2008, 2014); Partial Myelitis (9/2015); RRMS Dx (11/18/2015); Plegridy (2/2016)

Comment

Working...
    X