Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Low grade headache after first infusion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low grade headache after first infusion?

Hi,
    My first infusion was a week ago with mild if any side effects both during and after but for the past few days I have been having persistent headaches (like stabbing pain on my left temple.) It's relatively mild though not reacting at all to pain killers (tylenol/advil.) I am assuming it's related to my infusion because that's the only thing that's changed, wondering if anybody else dealt with this or other mild side effects after infusion, and if yes how long it lasted for you?

Thanks,
    G

I have had four Ocrevus treatments so far.
    No issues during/after infusions, was slightly weak and achy after.
    Figured it was from the long day and Steroids.

Do not remember headaches.

Comment

Hi livinamess,

Sorry to hear about your headache. Infusion side effects can happen up to 24 hours after receiving a dose of Ocrevus. So I don't think it's from your infusion.

Good question for your neuro, though. Especially if it happens again.

I don't usually get headaches. But, got one after my last infusion. It started near the end of my infusion. It was a longer than anticipated visit (at a new infusion center), so thought that may have played into it.

It lasted three days. This was a new side effect for me (started med July 2018 for reference.) I was also very fatigued afterward. Something else new. But this was after getting the faster infusion rate of the full dose of Ocrevus (2 hrs vs 3.5 hrs) for the first time.

The only side effect I've had before is dizziness, which would last about an hour. It slowly went away by my 5th infusion. As I expected, had it again at the faster rate. But wasn't anything too bad. The first time I had it, I felt like I might pass out.

Hope your headache goes away soon! Best of luck with Ocrevus.
      Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Thank you for your responses. Its good to know nothing too lasting...

The good news is that they have mostly abated in the past couple of days, I guess I'll see what happens after my second infusion in 2 weeks and compare.

Kimba its interesting what you say about faster infusion rate and more side effects. After I tolerated the first infusion quite well for an hour or so my doc sped up the rest, no significant effects but I have nothing to compare it to...

Comment

Working...
        X