Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tysabri to Ocrevus

Hello,
    wondering if anyone might be able to share their experience in switching from Tysabri to Ocrevus. How do you now feel on Ocrevus compared to Tysabri? Thank you in advance for sharing!

Hello Skiid, I switched from Tysabri to Ocrevus and I have done well. No relapses and no changes on my mri. I had no improvement of symptoms on Tysabri and I have no improvement on Ocrevus. I have not regretted changing.

I wish you all the best.
    God Bless Us All

Comment

Originally posted by REG53 View Post
      Hello Skiid, I switched from Tysabri to Ocrevus and I have done well...
      Thanks for asking this question Skiid, and for answering it, REG53. Have you noticed any increase in infections? I have wanted to do a little more risk analysis, since I know Tysabri comes with the risk of PML but Ocrevus is more of an immune suppressant, so more infections are possible. 6 months ago my neurologist did not want to process the switch for me due to the pandemic. Now he feels there are enough vaccines and anti-virals that it is an ok time to do it. But that's just addressing COVID.

All the best

All the best, ~G

Comment

Hello gargantua, I have been on Ocervus for 4 yrs. I have not had an increase of infections. When I first started I had what I call a cold sore on my lip, first and only time in my life and I am 70. I know it is a form of herpes whitch is listed as a side affect, I constantly wash and sanitize my hands even before covid. It is scary knowing your b cells are being depleted. I just do the best I can.

Wishing you all the best whatever you choose.
        God Bless Us All

Comment

Originally posted by REG53 View Post
          Hello gargantua, I have been on Ocervus for 4 yrs. I have not had an increase of infections. When I first started I had what I call a cold sore on my lip, first and only time in my life and I am 70. I know it is a form of herpes whitch is listed as a side affect, I constantly wash and sanitize my hands even before covid. It is scary knowing your b cells are being depleted. I just do the best I can.

Wishing you all the best whatever you choose.
          Dear Reg, A much-belated thank you for posting your experience, I really appreciate it. I haven't switched yet due to well, life... but very likely will this year as soon as the time is right.
          All the best, ~G

Comment

Working...
          X