Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It won't stop, II

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    It won't stop, II

    I'm picking up my thread from another forum. It's been a long road getting to this point. Maybe the relapse will stop, with this drug. Feeling hopeful and positive.
    "'Who are YOU?' said the Caterpillar. Alice replied, rather shyly, `I--I hardly know, sir, just at present--at least I know who I WAS when I got up this morning, but I think I must have been changed several times since then.'" Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll

    #2
    Ocrevus has been good for me ( no relapses) and I hope it works wonders for you. Hope all goes well tomorrow.
    God Bless Us All

    Comment


      #3
      Maybe the relapse will stop, with this drug.
      Many have had luck with Ocrevus -- fingers crossed for you. As I recall there is only 1 other DMT that has a higher efficacy, though what works for the individual is the key.

      Feeling hopeful and positive.
      IMO that directly correlates to helping with MS symptoms -- seriously.

      And even if it weren't true, we can decline with a smile on our face and making others happier.
      59M / RRMS / Dx1987 / Ocrevus

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by REG53 View Post
        Ocrevus has been good for me ( no relapses) and I hope it works wonders for you. Hope all goes well tomorrow.
        Thank you!
        "'Who are YOU?' said the Caterpillar. Alice replied, rather shyly, `I--I hardly know, sir, just at present--at least I know who I WAS when I got up this morning, but I think I must have been changed several times since then.'" Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Golgotha View Post
          Many have had luck with Ocrevus -- fingers crossed for you. As I recall there is only 1 other DMT that has a higher efficacy, though what works for the individual is the key.



          IMO that directly correlates to helping with MS symptoms -- seriously.

          And even if it weren't true, we can decline with a smile on our face and making others happier.
          And what is that drug please?
          "'Who are YOU?' said the Caterpillar. Alice replied, rather shyly, `I--I hardly know, sir, just at present--at least I know who I WAS when I got up this morning, but I think I must have been changed several times since then.'" Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll

          Comment


            #6
            And what is that drug please?
            First, caveats: I am not a doctor, just a clueless MS patient. (Trust me I'm not secretly hiding the cure for MS waiting ta collect patent and copyright royalties to make big bucks! This data is based on research I did a year or two ago that easily could now be changed. Thus, ask your own doctor.

            With that said, I've read that Tysabri/natalizumab has a slightly better efficacy but comes with greater PML/JC virus and liver risks than Ocrevus. And like I said, the key factor is the unknown about what will work best in/for you.

            Overall, Ocrevus is increasingly viewed as the generic "gold standard" DMT due to its effectiveness and its low profile of side effects.

            This PDF file from the Swedish Neuroscience Institute in Seattle is a nice summary of DMTs.
            That file breaks the DMTs down into 3 categories: pills, injections, and infusions. This 3-year old YouTube video of a presentation/talk at the Rocky Mtn MS Center on Ocrevus gives a nice table of some DMT's effectiveness on disability progression and brain atrophy, with their rough calculation of side effect assessments.

            Hope you find it of some use and, more importantly, are feeling better!
            59M / RRMS / Dx1987 / Ocrevus

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by TXGRL View Post
              I'm picking up my thread from another forum. It's been a long road getting to this point. Maybe the relapse will stop, with this drug. Feeling hopeful and positive.
              Hi TXGRL,

              To my knowledge, neither Tysabri nor Ocrevus will help with an existing relapse. These drugs are designed to prevent future relapses. As a side benefit, some have experienced improvement of residual symptoms from prior relapses.

              If you are in a relapse, definitely talk to your neuro about it. How long have you been in a relapse? IV steroids can help shorten the length of a relapse, but become less effective the further you are away from its onset.

              Hope you get relief soon.
              Kathy
              DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by pennstater View Post
                Hi TXGRL,

                To my knowledge, neither Tysabri nor Ocrevus will help with an existing relapse. These drugs are designed to prevent future relapses. As a side benefit, some have experienced improvement of residual symptoms from prior relapses.

                If you are in a relapse, definitely talk to your neuro about it. How long have you been in a relapse? IV steroids can help shorten the length of a relapse, but become less effective the further you are away from its onset.

                Hope you get relief soon.
                I'm no longer in a relapse. I'm looking forward to my future on Ocrelizumab.
                "'Who are YOU?' said the Caterpillar. Alice replied, rather shyly, `I--I hardly know, sir, just at present--at least I know who I WAS when I got up this morning, but I think I must have been changed several times since then.'" Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll

                Comment


                  #9
                  Second half dose

                  Originally posted by TXGRL View Post
                  I'm no longer in a relapse. I'm looking forward to my future on Ocrelizumab.
                  Second half dose yesterday, no drop in blood pressure no issues whatsoever.
                  "'Who are YOU?' said the Caterpillar. Alice replied, rather shyly, `I--I hardly know, sir, just at present--at least I know who I WAS when I got up this morning, but I think I must have been changed several times since then.'" Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Thatís great. Hopefully it buys us all a little time and keeps the monster at bay. Iím glad for this message board. It helps.
                    It was one agains't 2.5million toughest one we ever fought.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X