Ocrevus and work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ocrevus and work

I am about to have my first infusion of Ocrevus and am trying to decide how many days of work to take off. I have to plan ahead to schedule a substitute so I wondered if anyone has had experience with this.
    diagnosed November 2009

I am on rituximab, precursor to ocrevus, and I have no down time after an infusion. I know others that struggle for up to a week with post-infusion malaise, but they are in the exception and not the rule. If possible, have your infusion done Thursday or Friday and that will give you the weekend to recover.

Just remember to go in fully hydrated and continue to hydrate to help your body recover. You can also ask your neurologist about continuing your pre-meds after the infusion to minimize any post-infusion reactions. Again, the majority of people do very well and don't take off from work to get their infusions (besides the infusion date).

I wish you well...

Comment

I just took the days of my infusion off. Didn’t have any problems returning to work the next day but still took it cool for a bit. Good luck. I don’t know what the protocol is.
      It was one agains't 2.5million toughest one we ever fought.

Comment

Hello bhmonof2,

I am tired after ea infusion but I believe it is from the Benadryl they give before the infusion. I don't work but if I did I believe I could go back the day after infusion.

Wishing you the best.
        God Bless Us All

Comment

My first dose infusions were both on Sundays and aside from the Benadryl after effects, they were uneventful. I only felt a little tired but a short nap took care of that. I also did yoga post infusion and nap, for what it’s worth.

Went to work the next day, no issues.

Wishing you well for your first infusion!

Comment

Thank y’all for the advice and support. I have finished with the first two half infusions. First went well with no problems. I was a little more tired the next day but not unmanageable. The second dose I had horrible back/chest pain (ms hug?) that started the day after and lasted a few days. Not sure if it was related to the infusion or not. Felt like I had been run over and was not able to function or even walk to the bathroom for several days.
            I will talk with my dr. at next appt. and see if it was related. At this point I don’t know if it will be worth it, although as days go by I am less discouraged.
            diagnosed November 2009

Comment

I'm curious to hear people's experiences with this as well.

My first 1/2 dose infusion was on a Thursday , Friday I felt GREAT, and Saturday I was a fatigue ball-- and Sunday I was improving, but still tired. Monday back to normal.

The second 1/2 dose was the same deal, but not as extreme fatigue day 2 and 3 post. Monday , back to normal.

This time, they could only book me on a Tuesday (for my first full) so I took Tuesday, Thursday , Friday off work. I'm lucky to have the sick time available.. worried it might be overkill, but better safe than sorry, I guess?
              Diagnosed 7/11/11
              On Copaxone 7/11- 12/13
              On Tecfidera 12/13- current

Comment

Too much Benadryl

Originally posted by Leah27 View Post
                I'm curious to hear people's experiences with this as well.

My first 1/2 dose infusion was on a Thursday , Friday I felt GREAT, and Saturday I was a fatigue ball-- and Sunday I was improving, but still tired. Monday back to normal.

The second 1/2 dose was the same deal, but not as extreme fatigue day 2 and 3 post. Monday , back to normal.

This time, they could only book me on a Tuesday (for my first full) so I took Tuesday, Thursday , Friday off work. I'm lucky to have the sick time available.. worried it might be overkill, but better safe than sorry, I guess?
                I really should have read this before my first infusion. I scheduled it on a Tuesday and brought my laptop so I could work during the process. But the Benadryl had other plans. Wow, that stuff really knocked me out. I did work a little after the infusion, and was back in the office full time the next day (but pretty tired), but it seems my expectations were pretty far off. And now I'm wondering if some of the post-infusion fatigue is rebound from the steroids they gave pre-infusion.

Comment

Working...
                X