Ocrevus at four months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ocrevus at four months

Wow. I just wrote a nice long post about my Ocrevus experience and it got erased! Here I go again, but it will be shorter this time

It has been almost four months since I've been on ocrevus. I had an MRI before starting it, and I was supposed to get a follow up MRI at 6 months. The paperwork got mixed up and I went last week for an MRI. My clinic was surprised to received my results, and they told me it was a little early, but that they confirmed that there absolutely no changes to my brain or spinal cord, so that was great news It's always scary to start a new med, but in this case it was not a bad decision.

I feel good altogether. Right after the first two half infusions, I felt great, then the rest of the three months were a bit of a roller coaster. I'd feel super energetic one day then shaky for a few days, but it did level off nicely in the end. My clinic nurse said this was normal as I was just adjusting to a new med and coming off another one. Now at almost 4 months there are not many ups and downs.

My stamina has greatly increased and I am a lot stronger. These things happened fairly gradually. I used to be done for after going swimming, but the other day I went swimming, went to the grocery store and walked home with my walker full of groceries and still had lots of energy left for cleaning. That is a definitle improvement. I also went on an epic shopping a few weeks ago and went to four large stores on the same day. I never used to be able to do that!

I am still spastic in the legs, but it is the same every day. No more wild fluctuations, so that is also good.

One downside is that I had a cold at the end of May and I kept going to work and doing all my activities like I usually do, but it turned into pneumonia!! My neurologist
    said that it was almost definitely related to the depletion of B cells by Ocrevus. Ok, that was a bit scary, but he said if i start to get a cold, I just need to take it easy and take care of it. I will do that for sure! I've never had pneumonia before, and it got cleared up quickly after a short does of antibiotics, but I'd rather not get it again, so I will stay as healthy and rested as possible.

My second infusion in at the end of September, so I am eager to see what happens after that one. I am full of hope for the future.

Oh, and one more thing, my bladder is doing SO much better on this med. I am no longer ruled by it. I go out and drink what I want, and I find I can hold it for a lot
    longer before I need to go. That in itself makes it worth it!!

Had my third injection today

I had ny third injection today and I’m thinking that spending the entire day in an infusion chair may not be worth it. I honestly feel no difference. I know everybody says “it’s only twice a year” but a 6 hour infusion is brutal! I have an appointment to see my neurologist soon and we’ll discuss it. I’m still hoping to feel better.

Comment

Hello positive MS. Thanks for the update! I’ve been waiting anxiously for it! That’s a really great report. I am noticing all the same things. I feel a little guilty when I read from those who don’t do so well on it. It’s good though that everyone shares their experience, good or bad or indifferent. It’s really good to know.
      It was one agains't 2.5million toughest one we ever fought.

Comment

Hi Oceanpride,

You are right that not everyone experiences the same things with any given drug. I was on Copaxone for a year and had three large relapses on it, and i felt terrible the whole time. I have an aunt who has been on Copaxone for nearly 20 years and it works fine for her. Go figure. I'm very glad you are seeing some benefit though! i remember when you didn't think you'd even get to try it.
        I think it's a trial and error game for people to find what works for them. I played the game too, and Ocrevus is the best for me of what's available right now.

Next goal.....remyelination, although all I can do there is wait MS has taught me be very very patient because there is SO much waiting for things.

Comment

Working...
        X