First summer with Ocrevus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First summer with Ocrevus

Though I've had none of the flu-like symptoms that I'd had with the Avonex, Betaseron, and Rebif (a relief), I'm noticing a lot of symptoms that prevent normal functioning (trouble walking, fatigue, muscle spasms and tightness) that are familiar with A, B, and R. Maybe it's a common theme with disease modifiers???
    I gave myself a 10-year break from the meds while raising young kids because I couldn't function on them. Overall, I function well on Ocrevus, but since we've had a heat wave and high humidity, I've had a lot of trouble. Anyone else?

I’ve noticed that too. I thought I was doing so fine till one of those high heat high humidity days when I was outside all day. It caught me off guard a little. It kinda was like MS rearing it’s ugly head and saying “I still got you “
    It was one agains't 2.5million toughest one we ever fought.

Comment

Yes, I have noticed that the heat and humidity really affect my spouse who is on Ocrevus.

I believe that sometimes, no matter what demands are made, rest and cooling down is mandatory or the situation could get worse. MS has to be managed. Take the long view.

It is wonderful that both of you, Angela and oceanpride seem to be doing well, overall with Ocrevus. Same with my spouse. I am questioning whether it is in the same league as Tysabri but that can be an individual thing, too. JMHO, but Ocrevus appears to be more effective than other DMTs. I believe you will both do well with it.

Best wishes!

Comment

Working...
      X