Ocrevus effects one week later

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ocrevus effects one week later

I had my first infusion - a half dose - of Ocrevus 9 days ago and want to report some pleasant news - all of it subjective.

positives:
    • balance is better
    • standing is easier
    • waking up earlier
    • more energetic
    • happier
    • less pain - many days I don't take a single Tylenol/acetaminophen tablet.
    • bladder capacity seems to have increased

The first four items are highly subjective, the last two are factual.

My wife sees a real improvement in my balance and walking.

I get the 2nd half of the first dose in 6 days, I am hoping I can confirm and add to this list.

I had no unpleasant side effects.

G

GardeningMSer, that's great news. So happy for you. I haven't had any change in my sx's but there's always hope.
    God Bless Us All

Comment

That is a very good report from the both of you. Thank you very much for it. If it gets approved here in Canada I think I may try it. I basically get all my info from this foram and check for updates all the time. Like most I’m losing a little ground every day just ever so slightly , but it adds up after awhile. So here’s hoping.
      It was one agains't 2.5million toughest one we ever fought.

Comment

It is in Canada

Hello,
        Ocrevus was approved last month. I had my first infusion this week. Other than a fever for a day it wasn’t that difficult. I am experiencing some leg weakness today and yesterday but after fevers small relapses are common for me.

i’ll keep reporting as I go through treatment!

s a very good report from the both of you. Thank you very much for it. If it gets approved here in Canada I think I may try it. I basically get all my info from this foram and check for updates all the time. Like most I’m losing a little ground every day just ever so slightly , but it adds up after awhile. So here’s hoping.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Ocrevus 3 days after 2nd half of first infusion

Originally posted by Redd26 View Post
          Hello,
          Ocrevus was approved last month. I had my first infusion this week. Other than a fever for a day it wasn’t that difficult. I am experiencing some leg weakness today and yesterday but after fevers small relapses are common for me.

i’ll keep reporting as I go through treatment!

s a very good report from the both of you. Thank you very much for it. If it gets approved here in Canada I think I may try it. I basically get all my info from this foram and check for updates all the time. Like most I’m losing a little ground every day just ever so slightly , but it adds up after awhile. So here’s hoping.
          [/QUOTE]

I've had no negative side effects following the 2nd half of the first infusion though I was tired that evening - which might have been due to to being the passenger of an aggressive Lyft driver during a 20 mile / 45 minute ride.

My wife and I continue to believe I'm walking better and my balance has improved - I've stood up numerous times and tried to reach the floor and ceiling. The floor is not getting any closer

Wish I could quantify improvements, but can't.

Comment

Thank you very much for that info Redd26 ! I talked to my primary care doctor in August and he was going to look into it. The closest Hospital to me is about 45 klm away and they may not be set up to do it yet. Well soon find out.
            Thanks again and hope it helps for you.
            It was one agains't 2.5million toughest one we ever fought.

Comment

very surprised, tinnitus is barely noticeable

I can't prove that Ocrevus improved my life in a totally unexpected way, but
              yesterday, about nine days after the 2nd half of my first set of Ocrevus infusions, I noticed that the always present soft tinnitus hum had gotten much quieter, at times inaudible.

Tinnitus has never been a major issue except the last time I fasted (no food or water) about 26 hours, when it was so bad I didn't think I could live with it. Luckily, breaking the fast - hydrating and eating, disgorged the thousands of crickets that had flown into my ears by the next morning.

Recently my audiologist mentioned that tinnitus can be aggravated by dehydration; a few days later I learned he is correct, after a day of travel (2+ hours in a car to the airport, two hours at the airport, 2 hours in the air and two hours to get home) I was dehydrated because I try to drink very little on travel days, especially when I'll be flying.

Comment

ocrevus treatment systoms.

i just finished my second dose of ocrevus. the first treatment went very well with no side effect but the second one 2 weeks later is another story. i cannot get out of my way i have increased muscle fatigue and all i want to do is lie down. the next issue is a headache which i take excedrin to cope with and finally nausea. i am 3 days out from treatment so i am hopeful that all of this is short term and there are brighter days ahead. i would appreciate any thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by gibbbee View Post
                  i just finished my second dose of ocrevus. the first treatment went very well with no side effect but the second one 2 weeks later is another story. i cannot get out of my way i have increased muscle fatigue and all i want to do is lie down. the next issue is a headache which i take excedrin to cope with and finally nausea. i am 3 days out from treatment so i am hopeful that all of this is short term and there are brighter days ahead. i would appreciate any thoughts.
                  Gibbbee,

Hope your nausea and fatigue have greatly diminished if not completely gone.

I didn't have any side effects from my infusions, but was prepared for possible nausea with a medical MJ vape cartridge which I found very effective for quieting my stomach following consumption of a bad oyster while on vacation.

Before taking the MJ, the B&B's owner, an RN, suggested a glass of cold water with a healthy dose of lemon juice - it worked for a while, but when my nausea returned and worsened, I tried the MJ. One puff quieted my stomach instantly and turned my mind off for a while.

This particular cartridge had very high levels of THC and CBD, and was far more potent than the usual Kush varieties I use for spasticity and sleep; I suspect similar success from other varieties.

A month after my first infusion I am walking better, sleeping better, balance has improved, urination frequency and urgency have gotten better, tinnitus noise levels have gone down and my wife says I'm less crabby.

G

Comment

Gardeningmser,
                    I am very happy for you YEA Ocrevus!
                    Linda

Comment

Thanks

I have 2 days to decide if I am to try Ocrevus. I am 62 and was diagnosed in 1980. I have had bad reactions from the interferon drugs, Copaxone and every thing else I tried. My MS has progressed slowly until about 5 years ago. I have trouble getting out of bed and walking is not an option sometimes.

Since I have had bad experiences with other drugs I was afraid of trying Ocrevus.

I have since changed my mind after reading about your experience after one week of trying it. Thank you for a positive post. I am very much impressed with your results and hope you the best with further treatments.

Thanks again....I am going to start Ocrevus after the initial blood tests,etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X