Finally scheduled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally scheduled

After months of waiting for insurance to get straightened out. I have my first Ocrevus infusion scheduled.
    One delay has been the infusion center I chose.
    I picked this one as they allow infusions on the weekends. (I still work)
    I did 60 infusions of Tysabri at this place on the weekends and it is enjoyable. (all things considered)
    But I may be the first or one of the first at this location for Ocrevus and they want to do it during the week with the full staff available.
    At least they compromised and are letting me do it after work.
    I took the following day off of work.
    I'm not sure what to expect.
    Does anyone have experience with going to work the day after an Ocrevus infusion?
    I have a desk job in an office so I will not be physically stressed.

I am retired, so did not have to go to work. I felt great the next day, even a little extra energetic from the solumedrol. I don't know if steroids affect everyone this way, but they make me feel better.

Comment

Hi pballer, I had one infusion and I felt tired afterward but I could have worked at a desk job.

I wish you the best on ocrevus.
      God Bless Us All

Comment

I haven't had any experience with Ocrevus and probably won't in the future, but just wanted to wish you a ton of luck as you go forward!!
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

1st infusion

I had the first Ocrevus infusion.
          It lasted 6 hours.
          I was this centers first Ocrevus infusion, so they had me stay for 2 hours after for observation.
          Pre meds given were benadryl, tylenol and zofram.
          I feel fine the next day, maybe a little more energetic because of the solumedrol.

Comment

Ocrevus

Hi all,

I have yet to get my infusion for Ocrevus, although they are telling me in "about two weeks" I should be scheduled. I'm fortunate as the MS Center deals with the insurance and all the drama behind the scenes. I'm a bit nervous (always am with any new treatment), but I did have a round of Rituximab in Dec/Jan, and doc says that they are quite similar - although they anticipate side effects will be less with Ocrevus.

I had a severe asthma event on my second infusion with Rituximab and had to discontinue (only 1/2 the dose). After the infusion, I continued to have severe asthma issues which led me to two hospitalizations for breathing/asthma related issues in Feb/March. My entire life I have never been admitted to the hospital for asthma and have been able to keep it controlled with my meds. I definitely contribute the continued asthma issues to Rituximab, so I'm extremely anxious about the Ocrevus.

I appreciate everyone posting about their experiences as they get their first dose of Ocrevus. It's very helpful.

Best to all,
            Debbie

Comment

Working...
            X