Ocrevus and the risk for infections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ocrevus and the risk for infections

This 5 min video is from Actrims 2017 and in which Dr. Daniel Kantor talks with Dr. Kottil Rammohan, Professor of Neurology at the University of Miami School of Medicine about Ocrelizumab and the risk for infections.

See more at: http://msworld.org/conference-center....0iw01B0w.dpuf
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Thank you for the infor. Although he said there was a slight risk of infection, the side affect of cancer and pml took away some of my excitement. I have an appointment on the 13th with my neuro to discuss me going on it.
    God Bless Us All

Comment

Originally posted by REG53 View Post
      Thank you for the infor. Although he said there was a slight risk of infection, the side affect of cancer and pml took away some of my excitement. I have an appointment on the 13th with my neuro to discuss me going on it.
      Oh, great. Yet another "miracle" drug that might kill you. 🙃

Comment

Just when you think it's safe to jump on a med, you find out there may be some unseemly drawbacks ! Anal leakage and patchy baldness are looking good right about now, you betchya! Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by JerryD View Post
          Just when you think it's safe to jump on a med, you find out there may be some unseemly drawbacks !
          The crux of the problem isn't the drugs. It's that too many people with MS and other chronic diseases start out with completely unrealistic, overly rosy expectations and then are crushed when truth forces them to face reality about other qualities of the meds that turn out to be bad.

People with lupus and rheumatoid arthritis have been dealing with deaths from infections for decades. We as the MS community are the naive newbies who are just figuring this out.

Rituxan, Ocrevus' predecessor, has a black box warning for PML. It shouldn't be a surprise if Ocrevus ends up with one, too.

There was a margarine commercial back in the 1970s that spawned a great line that also applies to pharmaceuticals: "It's not nice to fool Mother Nature." When you do, someone is going to pay the price.

Comment

Thanks for the share….though some risks are associated but considering it in initial phase its great…

Comment

That's really a disappointment. I've been hospitalized 5 times this year with infections, which I attribute to Tysabri. Two times with pneumonia and 3 UTIs- all life threatening. But I'm keeping an open mind about Ocre. At least it gives those with PPMS an option.

Comment

Working...
              X