Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATA188 Benefits in SPMS, PPMS Hint at Remyelination

#ECTRIMS2021 – ATA188 Benefits in SPMS, PPMS Hint at Remyelination

An investigational immunotherapy, ATA188 showed it could reverse disability and improve exercise capacity in people with progressive forms of multiple sclerosis (MS), Atara Biotherapeutics, its developer, reported in an update on a Phase 1 trial and its long-term extension study.

EMBOLD trial findings based on MRI brain imaging data measuring the magnetization transfer ratio (MTR) also suggest gains in these ATA188-treated patients may be tied to remyelination, or the regrowth of the myelin sheath, the fatty material surrounding nerve fibers that is damaged in MS.

Trial results extending out to 39 months, including MTR data, will be presented as an e-poster at the 37th Congress of the European Committee for Treatment and Research in Multiple Sclerosis (ECTRIMS) taking place virtually Oct. 13–15, Atara reported in a press release,

#ECTRIMS2021 - ATA188 Benefits in SPMS, PPMS Hint at Remyelination (multiplesclerosisnewstoday.com)
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Wow KoKo ! Thanks for putting this up. Maybe there’s some hope after all
    It was one agains't 2.5million toughest one we ever fought.

Comment

Originally posted by oceanpride View Post
      Wow KoKo ! Thanks for putting this up. Maybe there’s some hope after all
      Hey oceanpride!

Thanks for replying - we've been missing you here on the message boards, and hoping that you and family have been ok.
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Interesting, KoKo, and thanks for posting! It sounds like in the initial trial there was a 50% improvement of ongoing participants. I look forward to the 2nd phase outcome where there will be more people involved!
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post

Hey oceanpride!

Thanks for replying - we've been missing you here on the message boards, and hoping that you and family have been ok.
          Thanks KoKo for your kindness.
          I have been as good as I can be, living and trying to work a job with progressive MS. My family is ok except my grandson who at 3 years old was diagnosed with type one diabetes , which is also maybe linked to auto immune and so I’m thinking I could somehow be responsible for that.
          Something went wrong with my logins here so every time I come on I’m not logged in and it doesn’t show that I’m here but I check everyday. And I like seeing things that offer some hope that we might reverse this Monster up a little. Thanks KoKo

It was one agains't 2.5million toughest one we ever fought.

Comment

I have been as good as I can be, living and trying to work a job with progressive MS.
            I know that's not easy to do.

My family is ok except my grandson who at 3 years old was diagnosed with type one diabetes , which is also maybe linked to auto immune and so I’m thinking I could somehow be responsible for that.
            Good thoughts and prayers for your grandson. He's so young.

Something went wrong with my logins here so every time I come on I’m not logged in and it doesn’t show that I’m here but I check everyday.
            Are your logins ok now, oceanpride? Let us know if you're still having problems.

And I like seeing things that offer some hope that we might reverse this Monster up a little.
            So do I.

Comment

Might be good news!
              ~ Faith
              MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
              - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
              - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
              - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
              X