Tolebrutinib in Progressive MS Phase 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tolebrutinib in Progressive MS Phase 3

SUMMARY: Investigators in the U.S. and abroad are recruiting a total of 2280 people with progressive forms of MS for two separate studies comparing investigational oral tolebrutinib with placebo. The studies – also called HERCULES and PERSEUS – are sponsored by Sanofi .

DETAILS
    Rationale: Tolebrutinib inhibits an enzyme called “Bruton’s tyrosine kinase,” reducing the activation of B cells, which are immune cells that play a role in the response that affects the brain and spinal cord in MS. Tolebrutinib also penetrates the brain and spinal cord and inhibits immune cells in the brain called microglia, which have been linked to MS progression. Tolebrutinib is one of several “BTK” inhibitors being tested in the MS pipeline.

Eligibility and Details: Participants should be 18 to 60 years old, and diagnosed with non-relapsing secondary progressive MS (HERCULES trial) or primary progressive MS (PERSEUS trial).

In both studies, participants will be randomly assigned to once daily treatment with either tolebrutinib or a placebo for a treatment duration of 24-48 months. The primary outcome of both studies will compare how treatment affects the time it takes for disability to progress using the EDSS scale. Secondary outcomes include safety, walking speed, cognitive function, disease activity on MRI scans, quality of life, and laboratory biomarkers of immune and nervous system activity. The study involves up to 16 visits to the study site, and will involve MRI scans, blood draws, clinical exams, and questionnaires.

Please note: This study requires in-person visits to the study site. Precautions are being taken to reduce the on-site risks of exposure to COVID-19.

https://www.nationalmssociety.org/Ab...ting-for-Tw-(1)

Thanks for this, Marco! The link you provided didn't work, but this one should-

https://multiplesclerosisnewstoday.c...-tolebrutinib/

I am keenly interested in these trials as I am non-relapsing SPMS. However, I am above the cut off of 60 years and live too far from the testing sites. I truly hope there are promising results from these trials!
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

It's those pesky b-cells!

Comment

Thank you for the info, Marco.

Always glad to see more and more focus put on finding successful treatments for progressive MS.

Take Care
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Try this link about Tolebrutinib from the NMSS:

MS Trial Alert: Investigators Recruiting for Two Phase 3 Trials of Experimental Tolebrutinib in Prog | National Multiple Sclerosis Society (nationalmssociety.org)
          PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I made the cut off age for spms. I start the study June 6th. I’ll update if anyone is interested. Hoping to get tolebrutinib and not the placebo. We shall see.

Comment

Originally posted by Raceya View Post
              I made the cut off age for spms. I start the study June 6th. I’ll update if anyone is interested. Hoping to get tolebrutinib and not the placebo. We shall see.
              That is great. Hope you get the med too.
              ​​​​​ Please do keep us in the loop. Lots of luck!
              Kathy
              DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
              X