Announcement

Collapse

WELCOME TO OUR NEW HOME!

Hello MSWorld Members,

Welcome to our new home! We hope you love it as much as we do!

we promise.

to offer current and relevant information.

to grow a community built on positive and affirming support.

to showcase member creativity.

to provide safe chat rooms.

to provide well moderated forums.

we believe that what we give as a community comes back to us.

welcome to MSWorld on this journey through a different lens. together. we are msworld.
we are. community.

We appreciate your understanding as we finalize our new home. Our arcade is still currently under construction and won’t be available for a while. Thank you for your patience while we prepare a new and improved arcade for you.

enjoy our new home.

support reimagined.
See more
See less

Mayzent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mayzent

I just read about Mayzent - oral med in my new “Motivator” magazine. Newly approved by FDA. Siponimod. Anyone know anything?

Hi carolinenj - It hasn't been brought up much here on the message boards, but there is some discussion in this thread - https://www.msworld.org/forum/showth...yzent-tablets)

Are you thinking of starting it?
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I would really read the side effects before you would consider it. I personally won't take it because of the side effects.
      DX 2017/Tecfidera/Ocrevus 2019

Comment

Good afternoon!

I just stumbled across this thread. I just started taking Mayzent last week. So far, i think i'm doing ok. I've had some headaches and a lot of fatigue by the end of the day. However, i've been struggling with fatigue anyway.

I was on Tysabri and couldn't handle the infusions anymore. My veins are difficult to find and then it takes multiple pokes to get the needle in and stay. After a year, i had enough.

If interested i can keep you posted however no major side effects as of yet and i'm on day 8!
        Dx March 2018; possible first episode: August 2011
        Tysabri May 2018-June 2019, Mayzent July 2019

Comment

mayzent

If interested i can keep you posted however no major side effects as of yet and i'm on day 8![/QUOTE]

Yes please keep us posted. What milligram do you take? 1 or 2?
          Hope you have great results!
          DX RRMS 1990-NO DMD'S FOR A FEW YEARS. EVENTUALLY STARTED AVONEX FOR 15 YEARS. DX SPMS 2013-STOPPED AVONEX. STARTED LDN 3MG NOVEMBER 2013.

Comment

I am on 2 mg! Still feeling great! Had headaches as a side effect but they have gone away. Best i've felt in the past year.

With Tysabri i felt very dehydrated. I couldn't have any alcohol because i would fall and feel hungover (even after one drink). With Mayzent i feel like i'm able to go back to being a younger adult living life. Big fan so far!

Comment

Wow Jenely that's great.
              My neuro had talked about switching me to mazent but I was waiting to hear how people do on it. Glad to hear that it's working for you. I hope you continue to see improvement.

Comment

Can you provide an update?

Hello jennaly16
                can you please provide any updates if your still on this medicine and how your doing??

i start next month.

best,
                paulette

QUOTE=Jennaly16;1521526]I am on 2 mg! Still feeling great! Had headaches as a side effect but they have gone away. Best i've felt in the past year.

With Tysabri i felt very dehydrated. I couldn't have any alcohol because i would fall and feel hungover (even after one drink). With Mayzent i feel like i'm able to go back to being a younger adult living life. Big fan so far![/QUOTE]

Comment

Good afternoon!

I am still on Mayzent and still doing well. It's the best i have felt and even have forgotten i have MS Occasionally i get a shooting nerve pain (more recent) but i have a lot going on with planning a wedding and potty training a toddler. At first i was getting some headaches toward end of day however that has subsided. Other than that, my fatigue has dramatically improved, i am able to have a cocktail and not fall over (on tysabri i could not drink as it dehydrated me severely) and it only takes a second of my day to take my medicine.

I had a scan completed in December with no new lesions and i have been on this since July 3rd. I will be having another MRI on brain and spine in April just to ensure. Overall, i feel really good on it! No complaints as of yet.

Comment

Working...
                  X