MRI's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MRI's

So yesterday I had a brain MRI and Neuro told me everything looked good, and today I had a cervical and no reply. The not replying doesn't bother me, my question is can you have a clear brain MRI and not cervical or thoracic, which I'm having done next week. Thanks in advance

Mike
    Mike

Originally posted by mike423 View Post
    So yesterday I had a brain MRI and Neuro told me everything looked good, and today I had a cervical and no reply. The not replying doesn't bother me, my question is can you have a clear brain MRI and not cervical or thoracic, which I'm having done next week. Thanks in advance

Mike

Yes. My overall initial scans w/wo contrast found only a single "questionable" cervical lesion. 4-5 months later it was confirmed.

Comment

mike423,

Since you posted on Mavenclad, I assume that means you were diagnosed with MS and started treatment. What did your original MRIs show that resulted in your diagnosis? .

The McDonald criteria is used to diagnose MRI and requires lesion dissemination in space and time. While I believe the common presentation in MS includes at least one brain lesion, it is not required for a diagnosis. If you want to read more:

https://www.nationalmssociety.org/Ab...o-Speed-the-Di
      ​​​​​​
      It is also possible for lesions to disappear, which could explain why your brain MRI is now clear if you had one previously.
      Kathy
      DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

So got my results today of my thoracic MRI and had a legion at T-3 and my DR said that could be reason my legs are so weak. Using the McDonald rule, little leery of what my cervical results which I have Thursday.
        Mike

Comment

Working...
        X