Is anyone a Mavenclad user?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limppy again

Hi i just started my year 2 1'st dose ( 5 days ) and i am doing good so far . No bad stuff I can feel. My last MRI showed stable , yea,, I am 64 now and my symptoms are more profound my right leg drags and has foot drop, my fatigue levels are not so great,, BUT I stay very active in spite of this >>
    I look forward to my 3 year period after this with no drugs except my maintance baclofen .gabopentin ,metaxalone ... I'll eep ya posted

Comment

Originally posted by limppy View Post
      Hi i just started my year 2 1'st dose ( 5 days ) and i am doing good so far . No bad stuff I can feel. My last MRI showed stable

Glad to hear that, limppy! Thanks for the update.

I am 64 now and my symptoms are more profound my right leg drags and has foot drop, my fatigue levels are not so great,, BUT I stay very active in spite of this

Staying as active as possible, as our current abilities will allow, is important and beneficial. Good for you!

I look forward to my 3 year period after this with no drugs except my maintance baclofen .gabopentin ,metaxalone ... I'll keep ya posted

So, after your 2 week treatment of the second year, you're all done - is that correct?

If that's the case - yay for you, limppy!
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I feel like I am in that RRMS to SPMS group and took my first dose of Mavenclad in Jan '20 and my second in Feb '20. I really was worried I would have some side effects because I felt this was a pretty powerful drug but really didn't experience any at all. Two months after treatment my absolute lymphocytes were 0.9 and a few months after that they were already back at 0.99 so idk if this did much?? I haven't had another MRI and not sure when I will but haven't noticed any improvement in symptoms at all.

I was actually pretty scared taking an immune system depleter right before COVID hit - and thought I was DOOMED when my husband tested positive! I thought there was NO WAY I wasn't gonna end up with the virus. To our shock and surprise - I never got it!! I'm beginning to wonder if my immune system is just too strong!!

But, yes, I'm 49 and am probably secondary progressive at this point. I use a scooter most of the time or a walker (which moves much slower). I'm just hoping Mavenclad stops me from getting any worse!!

Comment

Hi wanted to let ya know I finished my 2 nd year 2,nd dose of Mavenclad so now I am good for 3 years. No real big effects from it I think I do feel alittle more sensitive to my other meds , ( my eyes itched) still on my Gabopentin and Baclofin ..

Comment

Hi wanted to let ya know I finished my 2 nd year 2,nd dose of Mavenclad so now I am good for 3 years. No real big effects from it I think I do feel alittle more sensitive to my other meds , ( my eyes itched) still on my Gabopentin and Baclofin ..
            Terrific! Good for you, limppy!
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

WELL JUST WANTED TO UPDATE MY EXPERIENCE I GOT SHINGLES 2 WEEKS AGO AND AM ON ANTIVIRUS NOW . I HAVE IT ON MY FACE AND LEFT EYE .. HURTS .. EYE WENT ALMOST CLOSED MY LYMPOCITE WENT DOWN TO .56 AND IT CAME OUT OF MY NERVOUS SYSTEM .

Comment

WELL JUST WANTED TO UPDATE MY EXPERIENCE I GOT SHINGLES 2 WEEKS AGO AND AM ON ANTIVIRUS NOW . I HAVE IT ON MY FACE AND LEFT EYE .. HURTS .. EYE WENT ALMOST CLOSED MY LYMPOCITE WENT DOWN TO .56 AND IT CAME OUT OF MY NERVOUS SYSTEM .
                Oh dear, limpy --- I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope you heal quickly and get the lympocytes within normal range!
                Have you thought about getting the shingles vaccine sometime down the road?

Thinking of you and let us know how it's going.
                1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Sorry to hear limppy. Hope the shingles clear quickly and your counts normalize. Take care.
                  Kathy
                  DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

HI JUST AN UPDATE MY SHINGLES SORES ARE GOING DOWN AND PAIN IS ALSO DIMINSHING STILL HAVE A WAY TO GO

Comment

Hi Just let you know my shingles is down now just some remaining marks so I got a shingles vaccine yesterday doing OK from it arm just a little sore... first shot need a second in april. Scheduled to get my covid vaccine in 2 weeks guess I'll use other arm LOL

Comment

Hi Just let you know my shingles is down now just some remaining marks so I got a shingles vaccine yesterday doing OK from it arm just a little sore... first shot need a second in april. Scheduled to get my covid vaccine in 2 weeks guess I'll use other arm LOL
                        That's terrific, limppy! (except for the soreness)

Thanks for the update.

Comment

HI WANT TO UPDATE AGAIN I GOT MY FIRST COVID VACCINE YESTERDAY AND EVERYTHING WENT WELL JUST A BIT SORE AT THE INJECTION SITE ...

Comment

HI WANT TO UPDATE AGAIN I GOT MY FIRST COVID VACCINE YESTERDAY AND EVERYTHING WENT WELL JUST A BIT SORE AT THE INJECTION SITE ...
                            Super! Thanks for sharing that with us limppy.

Comment

Hi guys another update I got my second covid vaccine and yea no real side effects at all... I had the Pfizer if it matters..

Comment

Hi guys another update I got my second covid vaccine and yea no real side effects at all... I had the Pfizer if it matters..
                                Glad to hear that, limppy. Thanks for letting us know.

Comment

Working...
                                X