No announcement yet.

Injury -> longterm pain-> frozen shoulder and PT -> Lemtrada -> extreme pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Injury -> longterm pain-> frozen shoulder and PT -> Lemtrada -> extreme pain

I'm going to post and identical post from the pain forum in case there's some relevance:

I wiped out on rollerblades in the fall of 2015. I had pain in my shoulder but xrays and ultrasound showed nothing so I just waited it out but the pain never went away. I did have several successive falls (bike, shower) that surely didn't help. Then this year I went to see about it and I was told it was frozen shoulder at this point and went through physical therapy which helped a lot but I moved and didn't continue it. Now I just had lemtrada infusion and I picked up a mirror that was ~5 pounds and something happened and it was reeaally painful. Now it feels like the frozen shoulder again but much more painful. This isn't spasticity is it? It seems to be muscular versus joint (if there is a distinction) bc sometimes my chest hurts as those muscles take over. Any thoughts or suggestions?
    Thanks,
    So

Originally posted by sardi_g View Post
    I'm going to post and identical post from the pain forum in case there's some relevance:

I wiped out on rollerblades in the fall of 2015. I had pain in my shoulder but xrays and ultrasound showed nothing so I just waited it out but the pain never went away. I did have several successive falls (bike, shower) that surely didn't help. Then this year I went to see about it and I was told it was frozen shoulder at this point and went through physical therapy which helped a lot but I moved and didn't continue it. Now I just had lemtrada infusion and I picked up a mirror that was ~5 pounds and something happened and it was reeaally painful. Now it feels like the frozen shoulder again but much more painful. This isn't spasticity is it? It seems to be muscular versus joint (if there is a distinction) bc sometimes my chest hurts as those muscles take over. Any thoughts or suggestions?
    Thanks,
    So

This is an interesting topic. I too have shoulder pain and stiffness similar to "frozen shoulder" (along with a host of other stiffnesses including SI joint, tight piriformis muscles etc) I am currently experiencing some relief with a combination of Osteopath, chiropractor, and massage appointments. I am also wondering if there is some reason why I am not really getting better (just a few hours up to a day of relief after appointments). All the health care providers are telling me that it is unusual that the progress is so slow.

I do recommend an osteopath, though - of course not all osteopaths are alike - you need to find a really good one.

Comment

Working...
    X